Welcome to CASwiki's UK portal. Our focus is on Community Action for Sustainability. This includes community involvement through climate action, environmental action and many other sustainability topics.
The gift of climate and ecological emergency is that we all get to work together. Ordinary citizens and community groups naturally share what they learn, and what they know of what helps. Everyone can help, everyone has something to offer, everyone is welcome. We all need to design, make and grow a better future for ourselves, our communities and our world. Together we CAN. Yes we CAN.
News and comment[edit | edit source]
- Britain’s notoriously wet and cold climate is changing – you won’t like what replaces it, The Conversation (Aug 09, 2022)
- Community Calling: People want more influence, New Local (Aug 04, 2022) — There is an appetite for more local control – 79% of people think the best decisions are made when the people who will be affected are closely involved in the process and 75% think that allowing communities to have more of a say in decisions that affect their area would be more effective than decisions taken centrally.
- When Edinburgh's Canongate community resisted a crass urban development, they deployed a "working-class cosmopolitanism", The Daily Alternative (Jul 28, 2022)
- Climate change: UK sea level rise speeding up - Met Office, BBC News (Jul 28, 2022)
- How the women’s Euros 2022 beat the sceptics to breathe new life into football, The Daily Alternative (Jul 25, 2022)
Featured video[edit | edit source]
Coming up[edit | edit source]
- Sep 5 - 9, 2022 (Mon-Fri) Zero Waste Week, zerowasteweek.co.uk
- Sep 9 - 18, 2022 (Fri-Sun) Heritage Open Days, heritageopendays.org.uk
- Sep 24 - Oct 2, 2022 (Sat-Sun) Great Big Green Week
- Aug 05, 2022 (Fri) Cycle to Work Day, cycletoworkday.org
- Aug 8 - 14, 2022 (Mon - Sun) National Allotments Week, nsalg.org.uk
Get involved[edit | edit source]
Browse our UK topic, resource, news, event, or local articles, then add in &
Share your knowledge and information. Help us grow CASwiki. The more people share, the more our knowledge commons is enriched . . .
Improve articles by clicking "edit" at top of the page or section. Our philosophy is: Be Bold and contribute! Any questions? Please ask via our talk page
Please help out on CASwiki.
New articles[edit | edit source]
Events: The Big Plastic Count
UK topics[edit | edit source]
Resources UK[edit | edit source]
UK topic resources articles
Near you[edit | edit source]
East of England - Norwich - Peterborough / Bedfordshire - Cambridgeshire - Essex - Hertfordshire - Norfolk - Suffolk
East Midlands - Lincoln - Nottingham / Leicestershire
North East England
North West England - Liverpool - Manchester, News / Cumbria - Lancashire
South East England - Brighton, News - Oxford - Ashford - Canterbury - Dartford - Dover - Folkestone and Hythe - Gravesham - Maidstone - Malling - Medway - Sevenoaks - Swale - Thanet - Tonbridge - Tunbridge Wells / Berkshire - Buckinghamshire - East Sussex - Hampshire - Kent, News - Oxfordshire - Surrey - West Sussex - Saving water in South East England
South West England - Bristol, News - Bath - Frome, News - Plymouth - Totnes / Cornwall - Devon - Dorset - Gloucestershire - Somerset - Wiltshire
West Midlands - Birmingham - Stoke-on-Trent / Shropshire
Yorkshire and the Humber, News - Leeds - Sheffield
London, News - Barking and Dagenham - Barnet - Bexley - Brent - Camden - Croydon - Ealing - Greenwich - Hackney - Hammersmith and Fulham - Haringey - Hounslow - Islington - Kingston upon Thames - Lambeth - Lewisham - Merton - Newham - Redbridge - Richmond upon Thames - Southwark - Sutton - Tower Hamlets - Waltham Forest - Wandsworth - Westminster
Scotland, News - Edinburgh - Glasgow - Eigg / Resources Scotland
Wales, News - Cardiff - Swansea / Resources Wales
About CASwiki[edit | edit source]
Community action for sustainability, or CASwiki, is information and knowledge sharing, but with a focus on what might be useful to community groups and active citizens. You can help. What can we do to make our communities more sustainable and in support of environmental, social and economic wellbeing?
"Only We CAN imagine and build the future that works for us all." 
Why grow CASwiki?
CASwiki aims to help link up community and citizen action for sustainability worldwide. Concerned citizens or community action groups of all kinds shouldn't need to feel alone or disconnected.
Knowledge sharing can help! It can help with finding contacts, making connections and networking. As well as information about places, CASwiki shares information and knowledge about many Community action for sustainability topics and Resources to help action.
Citizens should be able to influence decisions which affect the places and communities in which they live, work and visit. "... it was notable that the idea that having ‘agency’ (a sense of control over what happens in your local area), is a significant factor in people’s sense of wellbeing." 
- Wikipedia: United Kingdom
|Keywords||sustainable community action|
|SDG Sustainable Development Goals||SDG11 Sustainable cities and communities|
|Impact Number of views to this page and its redirects. Updated once a month. Views by admins and bots are not counted. Multiple views during the same session are counted as one.||184|
|Cite as||Phil Green (2015). "Community action UK". Appropedia. Retrieved August 12, 2022.|