This article is an offshoot from Climate action UK and is for resources in that context. Climate action resources covers global or international resources.
Networks[edit | edit source]
Climate justice[edit | edit source]
- Cop26 coalition, Climate Justice Movement at COP26, added 10:59, 7 October 2021 (UTC)
Place-based Climate Action Network[edit | edit source]
Place-based Climate Action Network (PCAN), an ESRC-supported Network bringing together the research community and decision-makers in the public, private and third sectors.
Find your place, pcancities.org.uk, opportunities for cities, LEPs, local authorities, country or regions. Opportunities to reduce energy use and carbon footprints while cutting energy bills, creating jobs and creating a wide range of other benefits.
UK Youth Climate Coalition[edit | edit source]
The UK Youth Climate Coalition (UKYCC) is a non-profit youth organisation in the United Kingdom. The organisation is run entirely by unpaid volunteers, who are all aged 18 to 29.
Formed in 2008, the mission of the organisation is to mobilise and empower young people to take positive action for global climate justice. To achieve its aims and objectives, the UKYCC organises a series of projects, campaigns and events each year, including sending youth delegations to the United Nations Climate Negotiations.
The organisation is supported by a coalition of non-governmental organisations.
Other networks[edit | edit source]
- Mothers CAN, UK-based network of mothers set up at the beginning of 2020, bringing local groups of mothers together, facilitating discussion of the climate crisis, and supporting groups to identify where they can best direct their energy to cause positive change in their communities. added 18:49, 24 November 2021 (UTC)
- Champions for Earth, Green Recovery Letter, September 2020, open letter to the Prime Minister and UK Government, calling on them to prioritise the environment in their recovery from the COVID pandemic, supported by over 310 GB Olympians and Paralympians, including over 40 Olympic and Paralympic Champions added 14:19, 24 September 2020 (UTC)
- UK Students Climate Network on facebook
Visions[edit | edit source]
- Dreams of a Low Carbon Future, downloadable pdf's via lowcarbon.leeds.ac.uk, added 16:09, 28 August 2020 (UTC)
Community resources[edit | edit source]
see separate article: Climate emergency centres
Organisations supporting community action[edit | edit source]
- Rights Community Action, "coalition of campaigners, lawyers, planners, facilitators, writers and scientists, united by a shared commitment to tackle the Climate Emergency – with people and for people, and the environment." added 16:47, 5 November 2021 (UTC)
Citizens data initiative[edit | edit source]
- Council Climate Scorecards by Climate Emergency UK, added 17:08, 28 January 2022 (UTC)
- Place-Based Carbon Calculator, "Why we built a Place-Based Carbon Calculator", Aug 25. Very helpful graphics for communities to... "know why footprints vary and what we can do about it", "use the map to zoom to your area of interest" Philralph (talk) 14:24, 2 September 2021 (UTC)
- Guardian climate score: how did your MP do? theguardian.com, Oct 11, 2019
- UK climate projections, information on how the UK's climate is likely to change in the 21st century, as it responds to rising levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere
Funding[edit | edit source]
- Together for our planet, The National Lottery Community Fund, Application deadline, 5pm on 18 November 2021. added 17:02, 2 September 2021 (UTC)
Maps[edit | edit source]
see also: Citizens data initiative
- Map of local council declarations, Declare a climate emergency
- Land projected to be below annual flood level in 2050, coastal.climatecentral.org
- Map, Climate Just
- For the love of, Paris climate talks, what's happening in the UK
Personal options[edit | edit source]
- An unapologetically rough guide to your carbon footprint, 1010
- Grantham Institute – Climate Change and Environment, London 9 things you can do about climate change
Policy[edit | edit source]
- Wellbeing of Future Generations Bill [HL] (HL Bill 8), publications.parliament.uk, added 12:17, 20 February 2021 (UTC)
Research[edit | edit source]
- Zero Carbon Britain - Research Reports, Centre for Alternative Technology, link checked 09:01, 28 September 2021 (UTC)
- Climate change-biodiversity interactions, Research Briefing, Feb 27, 2020 added 08:42, 16 April 2021 (UTC)
- Milne, S., "Consuming Carbon: RESOLVE Scenarios to 2030 for UK Household Consumption", University of Surrey, Guildford, UK, ISBN 978-1-84469-023-7, November 2011. Resolve
- Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research is an organisation based in the United Kingdom that brings together scientists, economists, engineers and social scientists to 'research, assess and communicate from a distinct trans-disciplinary perspective, the options to mitigate, and the necessities to adapt to current climate change and continuing global Warming, and to integrate these into the global, UK and local contexts of sustainable development'. W
- UK Climate Impacts Programme, established in 1997 to help co-ordinate scientific research into the impacts of climate change, and to help organizations adapt to those unavoidable impacts
Video[edit | edit source]
Other resources[edit | edit source]
Community is used widely to be a group that gets together such as an association, but also includes municipalities with communal governance structures. Here more formal structures that comply with legal requirements or duties imposed by higher authorities may also give frameworks for action. For example planning can be done in a participatory way.
There may be national plans, local, community, neighbourhood or regional plans or design statements or climate action plans.
- Low Carbon Neighbourhood Planning
- 2050 Calculator, user-friendly model that lets you create your own UK emissions reduction pathway, and see the impact using real UK data
- A guidebook to low carbon neighbourhood planning, Author: Centre for Sustainable Energy My Community
- Adapting to climate change, policy information from gov.uk
- Can you hear me? Citizens, Climate Change & Open Local Government, Involve, June 2014
- Climate Just, information tool designed to help with the delivery of equitable responses to climate change at the local level.
- Do Nation, pledge platform helping people take action on climate change
- UK Carbon Reporting Framework, acts as a matchmaker between carbon reduction projects, such as community owned renewable energy installations or the energy efficient refurbishment of social housing and organizations wishing to support such projects in the UK
See also[edit | edit source]
local information can be found, or shared, via our many UK location pages