Place, or local community action articles are listed on our portal pages. An example of a fairly extensively developed CASwiki place article is Bristol community action, but of course place articles can be started off with just a few items of relevant information.
[edit | edit source]
Where you live, work or visit, from local communities to countries, continents and the planet itself, or just somewhere you know about or are interested in.
What information might be relevant to quality of life or wellbeing in each area? What challenges or opportunities are there? Improve our existing articles by adding relevant information into them. A good way to start a new article is to see if there's an article about the place in Wikipedia, which you can adapt to include material relevant to sustainability. Or just build up a list of relevant links.
Guidelines[edit | edit source]
If you have any comments or concerns about these guidelines you are welcome to add these to the talk page.
Community action for sustainability place articles can include the following elements
- brief introduction, paragraph or few sentences. A good option sometimes is to include a Wikipedia excerpt from the corresponding Wikipedia place or location article.
- Initiatives by topic sections, especially the 'pinned topics'
- Resources, available locally or concerning the locality, including links to more extensive information, video, maps, infographics, apps for sustainability, social media links, research, funding information, etc. Especially the 'pinned resource topics including networks and sustainability initiatives, which generally concern themselves with more than a single issue or topic. For example initiatives that seek to promote all or several aspects of environmental, social and economic wellbeing. Share information about any sustainability projects or networks you may be involved with or know about. If you're unsure what information to include, just imagine you're wanting to learn about other projects. What information would you find useful?
- News and comment relevant to community action for sustainability in the area
- Events, but please bear in mind that these should be only those that are likely to be of interest to local community groups or active citizens interested in community action for sustainability. Ordinarily they should only be free or low cost events.
- Links to further more local pages, for example within a page about a country there may some further information about cities within that country.
Help out[edit source]
Help out with what interests you most. As and when you can, and always at your own pace. Help by linking things up, checking for updates, checking external links, spelling and punctuation.
Experiment, test things out. Most of all - Enjoy, have fun !! - and please contribute something.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Sustainable community action (category)
- Locations (category)
- About community action for sustainability
- Join community action for sustainability
- Why grow community action for sustainability?
- CASwiki topics
- CASwiki resources
- CASwiki news