|License||CC BY-SA 4.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as Phil Green (2021). "CASwiki topics". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-24.|
Our current list of topic articles is below. Browsing the list can help give a picture of what we mean by sustainability here.
An example of a fairly extensively developed CASwiki topic article is Food activism, but of course topic articles or topic subsections of place articles can be started off with just a few items of relevant information.
CASwiki topics[edit | edit source]
and related news articles
[edit | edit source]
Share information about topics of community action for sustainability.
The information in the pages featured here is about topics from an international, global or generic perspective. The vast majority of the information about topics in CASwiki is location specific.
Topics by place[edit | edit source]
You can view or share location specific information about topics of community action for sustainability via any of CASwiki's location pages
Guidelines[edit | edit source]
If you have any comments or concerns about these guidelines you are welcome to add these to the talk page.
The main focus here is on what community groups can do, topics geared toward action - community action, and not for example inward looking concerns of local government or action only for specialists.
Community action for sustainability topic articles can include the following elements:
- Community action projects. There are many overlaps so some action ideas or community action projects can appear in more than one article.
- Brief introductory summaries of action ideas, eg excerpts from Community action project articles
- Resources (specific to the topic), including links to more extensive information, video, maps, infographics, apps for sustainability, social media links, research, funding information, etc.
- News and comment, or timeline information. Brief or headline type summaries with links to sources.
- Why the topic matters
- Introductions to broad solutions (if you want to add in something more extensive this can be in a separate linked (forked) article)
- Introductions to major aspects, issues or concerns
- Events, but please bear in mind that these should be only those that are likely to be of interest to community groups or active citizens interested in community action for sustainability. Ordinarily they should only be free or low cost events.
'Pinned' topics[edit | edit source]
3 - 5 topics 'pinned' (at top of listings), for example in topic listings on place pages:
We all have a part to play in the fair and equitable transition to a post carbon society and a post carbon world.
Equally we all have something to offer and much to gain, from playing our part in our reconnection with, restoration of, and the eventual thriving again of the wonders of the natural world.
"In democratic countries knowledge of how to combine is the mother of all other forms of knowledge; on its progress depends that of all the others. Alexis de Tocqueville
Deep democracy, with rich and varied opportunities for involvement and participation is central to the Health and wellbeing of citizens and communities, the Good Society, Sustainability and our efforts to respond adequately to Climate change
Joined-up solutions[edit | edit source]
Ordinary people and community groups are often better able to see the whole picture, especially at local level, than bureaucrats and politicians, ("the left-hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" is a not unfamilar refrain).
The topics are various aspects of quality of life or well-being - environmental, social and economic. One of the advantages of bringing all the topics together in one place is that linkages between them can be brought out. Sustainability encourages us to see the bigger picture and how many quality of life concerns and challenges are in fact integrated. "Joined-up problems need joined-up solutions"
Help out[edit source]
Help out with what interests you most. As and when you can, and always at your own pace. Help by linking things up, checking for updates, checking external links, spelling and punctuation.
Experiment, test things out. Most of all - Enjoy, have fun !! - and please contribute something.
"Building a world where we meet our own needs without denying future generations a healthy society is not impossible, as some would assert. The question is where societies choose to put their creative efforts." Christopher Flavin
Genesis of the topic list[edit | edit source]
Most of the topics reflect issues of concern and importance common to community groups that were involved in drawing up Local Agenda 21 action plans across the UK, (mostly this happened during the late 1990's). A few more recently emerging topics such as Sharing, have been added to the list reflecting the growing interest in these topics amongst currently active sustainability groups, initiatives and projects.
See also[edit | edit source]
- CASwiki topics (category)
- About community action for sustainability
- Join community action for sustainability
- Why grow community action for sustainability?
- Sustainable Development Goals
- CASwiki places
- CASwiki resources
- CASwiki news