Welcome to Appropedia
Appropedia shares knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives (read our vision and mission).
Community Action for Sustainability News
- World's wealthiest 'at heart of climate problem', Apr 13  ...UK Climate news 2021
- France to ban some domestic flights where train available, Apr 12 
- The Hope for Lasting Change from a South Dallas Mobile Food Park, Apr 7  ...Texas
- How can cities that rely on consumption recover from the pandemic, while reducing emissions? Here's some good ideas. Mar 24  ...Manchester
- Spain to launch trial of four-day working week, Mar 15 
The M2-B2 Rocket Stove promotes sustainability through demonstration and education while on the WaterPod in New York City. The stove is designed to provide a reliable and sustainable means of cooking by minimizing fuel use and optimizing efficiency.The WaterPod is a project being put together by a group of artists and engineers. This project is going to take place in New York City, in which a group of artists are going to live on a barge for six months traveling down the Hudson River promoting sustainability. The WaterPod will stop off in the five boroughs of New York and allow the public to tour the barge. The WaterPod has worked with the Engineering 215 - Intro to Design class at Humboldt State University to create sustainable projects for the WaterPod. Team Mel Brooks was assigned the task of creating an efficient means of cooking that can be utilized for the duration of the project. Team Mel Brooks created a rocket stove, which will optimize biomass as a fuel source to cook for The WaterPod.
Help us grow!
Appropedia is created by people like you! Feel free to contribute to Appropedia your original research, projects, current works, observations and wisdom. Improve articles by clicking "edit" on top of any page or section. Our philosophy is: BE BOLD and contribute!
Questions? Comments? Visit the Village pump and drop a note.