Welcome to Appropedia, the sustainability wiki!
We help build rich and sustainable lives by sharing knowledge, experiences, ideas and more.
We help organizations produce and make available quality documentation on sustainability, poverty reduction and appropriate technologies.
But why Appropedia?
- Vision-driven — Imagine a world where everyone can live a rich and sustainable life. Does this resonate with your organization or initiative? If so, we'd love to help you!
- Free and open — Appropedia is and always will be free to access and with open licenses. Contact us for pricing regarding custom support!
- Advanced tools — We've been helping organizations document projects for more than 17 years. In the process we developed powerful yet simple to use documentation tools and standards.
- Offline access and accessibility — We strive to make content in Appropedia available to everyone. Appropedia can be accessed offline via Kiwix as well as plain prints and books, can be easily read aloud for visually-impaired (or busy) people, translated to many languages, accessed via APIs, and more!
- No overhead — Start documenting right away without having to worry about developers, domains, hosting, setup, configuration or maintenance.
- Long-term availability — Keeping content online is much more difficult than most realize. According to various studies, most links break after only two or three years. Appropedia not only hosts content about sustainability, but is determined to be sustainable itself! We've been online for 17 years and counting!
- Strong SEO — Take advantage of our many years online and hundreds of thousands of backlinks to see your content rise to the top of search results in no time.
- Community support — You're not alone! Leave a message anytime and we'll do our best to help you!
- Exit button — If you ever want to leave or copy your content elsewhere, we provide tools to do so.