Welcome to Appropedia
We develop knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives (read our vision and mission).
Climate change • Culture and community • Design • Energy • Environment • Environment rehabilitation • Food and agriculture • Fundamental human needs • Health and safety • International development • Knowledge • Transport • Water
- Oct 15 Urban sustainability news: It looks like the pandemic is helping us to move our business into the streets - and killing the urban car along the way 
- Sep 30 Climate news: Has the world started to take climate change fight seriously? 
- Sep 25 California news: Global warming driving California wildfire trends say scientists 
- Sep 22 China news: Climate change: China aims for 'carbon neutrality by 2060' 
- Sep 21 Climate news: World's richest 1% cause double CO2 emissions of poorest 50%, says Oxfam 
The Spring 2017 semester of ENGR215 Introduction to Design worked with Zane Middle School to design and build sustainable and educational infrastructure and apparatuses that supports K-8 STEAM education at their Eureka, CA location.
A two bin compost system for the garden.
LED pendulum wave machine
An inspiring crystal LED pendulum to teach about waves.
An sundial in the concrete entrance that relies on students to tell time.
Standing fidget desk
A fidget desk solution to the modern fidget craze and science.
An earthquake simulator machine that is powered by a drill.
Portable green screen
A large portable green screen for the video editing class.
An antique inspired modern camera obscura.
Movable instrument storage
A robust solution to inadequate violin and viola storage.
tessellating concrete path
Concrete path beautification of the main entrance using a tessellating falcon stamp.
A new landscape design, which incorporates plants that are drought tolerant, evergreen, and low maintenance.
Help us grow!
Appropedia is created by people like you! Feel free to contribute to Appropedia your original research, projects, current works, observations and wisdom. Improve articles by clicking "edit" on top of any page or section. Our philosophy is: BE BOLD and contribute!