- ‘In Delhi I can see the climate catastrophe unfolding before my eyes’, The Guardian (Nov 15, 2022)
- Barcelona students to take mandatory climate crisis module from 2024, The Guardian (Nov 12, 2022)
- How to capture satellite images in your backyard – and contribute to a snapshot of the climate crisis, The Conversation (Feb 23, 2022)
A climate emergency declaration or climate emergency plan, declaring a state of climate emergency, has been issued since 2016 by certain countries and other jurisdictions to set priorities to mitigate climate change.
Climate emergency declarations[edit | edit source]
ClimateEmergencyDeclaration.org states Climate emergency declarations in 1,191 jurisdictions and local governments cover 290 million citizens, as of 14 November 2019
An appropriate sense of urgency[edit | edit source]
The term “climate emergency” has been promoted by climate activists and pro-climate action politicians to add a sense of urgency for responding to a long-term problem. W
Extinction Rebellion's call for truth[edit | edit source]
Extinction Rebellion's first demand (of three, for the UK) is "Tell the truth", Government must tell the truth by declaring a climate and ecological emergency, working with other institutions to communicate the urgency for change.
- 'The Emergency', Extinction Rebellion, includes information and comment on:
- 'Human activity is causing irreparable harm to the life on this world'
- 'We’ve been warned again and again…and again'
- 'Nature Loss'
- 'Insect die-off'
- 'Global Heating: Greenhouse Gases, Our emissions are still increasing!"
- 'Air Pollution'
- 'Drought and (water) Scarcity'
- 'Rising Seas'
- 'Ocean Acidification'
- 'Sea ice (disappearance)'
- 'Water Pollution'
- '..losing our soil'
- 'Food Insecurity'
- “Faster than expected” (climate change)
- 'Feedbacks and Tipping Points'
Resources[edit | edit source]
- Framework and resource to help councils with their climate emergency response, climateemergencydeclaration.org. A framework and resource to help other councils with their climate emergency response from Darebin City Council in Australia, posted on climateemergencydeclaration.org on 9 August 2019
Citizens data initiative[edit | edit source]
How to's[edit | edit source]
- How to capture satellite images in your backyard – and contribute to a snapshot of the climate crisis, theconversation.com, Feb 23, 2022, added 14:05, 24 February 2022 (UTC)
Video[edit | edit source]
News and comment[edit | edit source]
- 'The crisis is already here': young strikers facing climate apartheid, theguardian.com (Sep 19, 2019)
See also[edit | edit source]
- Climate emergency centres
- Climate change solutions
- Citizens' assembly
- Climate change
- Climate change and risk of insecurity
- Climate news
- Community climate action plan
- Dangerous climate change
- Ecological emergency
- Environment quality
- Extinction Rebellion, XR and future democracy
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Legal resources
- Sea level rise
local information can be found, or shared, via our many location pages
[edit | edit source]
Wikipedia: Climate emergency declaration W, Climate crisis W, Abrupt climate change, Climate change and poverty, Climate justice, Effects of global warming, Tipping point (climatology), Climate change and society (category)