This article is an offshoot from Community involvement UK and is for resources in that context. The majority of our information about this is collated via our place pages...Near you. Resources for community involvement covers global or international resources.
Networks[edit | edit source]
- 'Don't Go Back To Norma', "a movement of people who commit to change every corner of their lives, and build a movement around these changes. Each divestment from the old normal and each transition to a new platform or service or subscription brings all of us closer to the new world that is possible, and is reachable in this pandemic."
- "Now is the time for breaking out of our usual habits and siloed issue areas. We must re-imagine every corner of society, from food systems to education to how we use technology, how we do waste, how we generate energy, and the rhythms and behaviours with which we live our lives. We must do this so that we #dontgobacktonormal." added 08:50, 16 January 2022 (UTC) / dead link removed 21:12, 15 August 2022 (UTC)
- Neighbourhood Democracy Movement, added 18:20, 24 December 2021 (UTC)
- Trust The People, movement of community builders committed to building a real democracy from the grassroots up. "We believe that by stepping into our agency and working with others in our neighbourhoods, we can shape our society into one that serves the needs of all." added 14:55, 25 October 2021 (UTC)
- Community Chartering Network
- PB Network, independent body advocating for learning and innovation in Participatory Budgeting
- UK Open Government Network
Video[edit | edit source]
How to's[edit | edit source]
- Self-Organising System of extinctionrebellion.uk, added 17:22, 22 December 2021 (UTC)
- Summer of Community: resources from Trust The People
Maps for community action[edit | edit source]
- The Civic Crowd, aims to map initiatives and ideas for citizen-powered change, providing an open public domain resource
- DCLG Community Rights
Inspiring quotes[edit | edit source]
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather, teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Where democracy counts most it is nowhere to be seen…by the time we are asked for our opinion, there will be little left to discuss but the colour of the road signs". George Monbiot
Research[edit | edit source]
- Public Square, demsoc.org, action research, sharing learning in the UK and beyond. Work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Democratic Society, known as Demsoc, is an international non-profit association, Registered office in Brussels. added 14:48, 19 November 2021 (UTC)
- We're all in this together: harnessing user and community co - production of public outcomes, Tony Bovaird and Elke Loeffler, June 2013 birmingham.ac.uk
- Democratic Audit, independent research organisation, established as a not-for-profit company, and based at the London School of Economics. "Our core objective is to advance education, and to undertake and promote research into, the quality and effectiveness of UK democracy."
- Community Power, research from newlocal.org.uk, added 13:12, 10 March 2022 (UTC), Publications tagged 'Community Power', newlocal.org.uk, tagged 'Community Voices', newlocal.org.uk
Funding community action[edit | edit source]
- Local Trust, a place-based funder. "We work with 150 Big Local areas, where people are making their communities even better places to live."
Past events[edit | edit source]
Other resources[edit | edit source]
- Skills for Care and Nurture Development invitation: Making the invisible visible where you live, April 16, 2021, nurturedevelopment.org, Community mapping graphic and downloadable blank version to map resources in your local community, skillsforcare.org.uk, added 15:05, 27 April 2021 (UTC)
- Bridge Builder's Handbook, relationshipsproject.org, added 15:00, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
- Citizens' House in Parliament, added 12:46, 14 February 2021 (UTC)
- Breaking the Mould, One Day Conference held at Frome Town Hall, April 2018
- Heading Upstream, Barnsley's Innovations for Social Justice, 2017 centreforwelfarereform.org
- In This Together, 11 July 2011, neweconomics.org, tells the stories of people who are improving public services by working with the people who use them and delivering public services in a radically different way. It describes a range of practical projects and includes personal testimonies from individuals directly involved. These examples have at their heart equal and reciprocal relationships between professionals, people using services, their families and neighbours – an approach known as 'co-production'.
- Participation Works, 21 Techniques to encourage community participation, 14 June, 1998 added 17:05, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
- Open and accountable local government: plain English guide, GOV.UK - A guide for the press and public on attending and reporting meetings of local government.
- WriteToThem provides contact details for elected representatives at all levels of UK government, and users can send messages to them directly from the site. W
- This is the #CitizenShift, by New Citizenship Project
- Resources from involve.org.uk
See also[edit | edit source]
local information can be found, or shared, via our many UK location pages