Analysis projects[edit | edit source]
Engr 308 CPH 3 MW CO2 comparison
2022: Partnered with Cal Poly Humboldt (CPH) Facilities Management to analyze the embedded CO2e in various types of photovoltaics compared to potential CO2e savings from current gridmix at CPH.
Bottle washing analysis
2019: Partnered with Zero Waste Humboldt to analyze and compare the impacts of mixed bottles versus local bottle washing for Lost Coast Brewery based on embedded CO2 and energy.
HSU straw analysis
2018: Partnered with HSU Office of Sustainability to analyze and compare the impacts of plastic, paper, bamboo, glass, and stainless steel straws in terms of dollars, CO2, and energy.
HSU mason jar analysis
2016: Partnered with HSU Office of Sustainability and Dining Services to analyze the effects of the HSU policy regarding mason jars and disposables in terms of dollars, CO2, and energy. Compelling comparisons were created in order to educate and influence consumers.
CCAT NZE study
2014: Partnered with CCAT to analyze the various energy uses of CCAT for their impacts (in dollars, energy, and carbon), as well as devising an implementable plan to ameliorate the impacts and to reach Net Zero Energy.
Fuente Nueva waste project
2013: Partnered with Fuente Nueva spanish immersion charter school to analyze their waste, its impacts, and possible mitigation plans.
2012: Partnered with Humboldt Scrap to analyze the embedded energy and carbon in various reusable and single use bags in Arcata
Dominican Republic alternative building analysis
2011: Partnered with the Dominican community of La Yuca to compare the cost, embedded energy and carbon between three building methods
Arcata plastic bags
2010: Partnered with the City of Arcata to analyze the embedded energy and carbon in single use plastic bags in Arcata
Research projects[edit | edit source]
In 2010, we partnered with the Humboldt Bay Center for Sustainable Living and Danco to research and report on the following:
- VOCs in plywood, VOCs in fiberglass insulation, VOCs in carpet and carpet pads, Wool insulation, Simple US composting toilets, Cotton insulation, Cellulose insulation, 1.6 GPM or less low-flow shower heads, Air source heat pumps that heat water, US natural insulation comparison, Overview of eco-hostels, US eco-hostels, Forest Stewardship Council, Comparison of California logging laws and FSC standards, Natural paints, Environmental Consumer Awareness Technology, Aquaponics
Small research project 2019[edit | edit source]
- Zane Middle School
- Zane Middle School permeable concrete 3
- Zane Middle School compost
- Zane Middle School triangle of rebirth
- Zane Middle School wall garden
- Jefferson Community Center
- Jefferson Community Center
- Jefferson Community Center native pollinators landscape
- General Description at Jefferson Community Center
- Six Rivers Charter School
Pages in category "Engr308 Technology and the Environment"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 279 total.(previous page) (next page)
- User:A Stack0verflow
- User:Agua Canela
- Air source heat pumps that heat water
- User talk:Akisandria
- Arcata bags
- Arcata plastic bags
- Arcata plastic bags/Raw info
- User:Carlos Sanchez
- User:Clay Smeback
- Comparison of California logging laws and FSC standards
- Energy and carbon analysis of upcycled pint glasses
- Preload:Eng308 userpage
- Engr 308 CPH 3 MW CO2 comparison
- Engr308 Technology and the Environment/Potential projects
- Engr308 Technology and the Environment/Potential research projects
- Engr308/Post userpage assignment
- Environmental Consumer Awareness Technology
- Environmental Consumer Awareness Technology/ms
- Environmental impact of clay vs lime
- User:Eron Magnus
- User talk:Ethangentry1
- How to make your home more energy-efficient
- HSU mason jar analysis
- HSU OZZI analysis
- HSU straw analysis
- HSU straw analysis/es
- HSU straw analysis/ja
- HSU straw analysis/ko
- HSU straw analysis/pt
- HSU straw analysis/vi
- HSU straw analysis/zh
- Humboldt Bay Generating Station
- Humboldt Wave Energy
- User:Jacob Burns
- User:Jacob M
- User:Jax Do4
Media in category "Engr308 Technology and the Environment"
This category contains only the following file.
- MEeeeeee17.jpeg 2,400 × 1,600; 557 KB