I am a student at HSU majoring in Environmental Studies and minoring in Appropriate Technology and Indigenous NR Management. I like to slackline, rock-scramble, hula hoop, and generally frolic around. I lived in Europe for half of my life and my family is Italian/English. I'm hoping to go back to live there someday. I love working with kiddos and I teach them things about science at Camp Galileo every year.
Interests in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- I am excited to get some hands-on experience and break through my fears of the unknown!!
- I am interested in learning how I can personally live my life as sustainably and low-impact as possible.
- I want to learn about renewable technologies to use on both small and large scales.
Experience in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- Gardening on a small scale my whole life.
- Extensive knowledge of social issues and inequalities, especially regarding cases of environmental injustice all around the world.
- I have worked at and volunteered at CCAT on and off for two years.
- I took a class in Costa Rica where we learned about small-scale local farming efforts, renewable energy in CR, eco-tourism, globalization, and culture.
- Also was a part of this cool project on beer bottle washing in the Arcata/Eureka area done by our Engr308 Technology and the Environment class.
- Fun-fact: I've never owned a car and bike everywhere.