Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Name: Mike Despars
BS Major: Computer Science
BS Minor: Applied Mathematics
Interests in Technology and the Environment
- Power consumption of server farms.
- Conserving the beauty of nature.
- Air quality in densely populated areas.
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment
- Worked on Poway Lake which is a drinking reservoir for the City of Poway in California. Water treatment plant was located on-site.
- Maintained and troubleshot micro-array spotting machines used to place oligo-nucleotides onto a substrate.
- Worked as a team to produce a program used by botanists to track plant species.