Name: Adam Channel
- I'm an English major. I am going to enroll in the Master's International program at HSU to volunteer with the Peace Corps. My career interest is in teaching ESL/EFL abroad. MacGyver is my hero and I frequently worry about (and prepare for) unintentional time travel.
Interests in Technology and the Environment[edit | edit source]
- I am really interested in nuclear power. I think that it needs to replace petroleum/coal as the backbone for world energy production. A large number of the worlds biggest problems can be solved by an abundance of cheap energy. Waste management, food and water scarcity, transportation, standard of living, medical and educational issues can all be solved or at least improved upon with nuclear power.
- I'm interested in wilderness survival skills and back to the land living. I like alternative building, using ingenuity to solve problems, eating locally, building tools, learning the terrain surrounding you and going outside at least once a day.
- I'd like to learn more more about and participate more in local food production.
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment[edit | edit source]
- I'm pretty savvy with computers. I've done programming in a few language, some web design, I have some experience with *nix operating systems, and I'm pretty good at using the internet for research.
Active Pages[edit | edit source]
Integral fast reactor -- I created this page (most of it anyways) for a project in ENGR 308 last semester. This semester I am strengthening the page by doing a 1 unit directed study aimed at providing more credible references from peer reviewed journals.