Name: Danielle Ballard
This is my second year at Cal Poly Humboldt and I am really enjoying it! I was born and raised in East Bay, California and moved up here in August of 2009. I have always known I wanted to do something in the science related field, and decided in my sophomore year of high school that I wanted to study Environmental Science. After coming to HSU I decided that my emphasis would be on policy. I'm still not certain what I want to do when I grow up, but I hope to figure it out soon. The possibilities are endless, right?
On a less serious note, I have many hobbies including, but not limited to: cooking and baking, reading, ceramic art, meeting new people, spending time with friends, and relaxing at scenic places like the beach. I got to spend a wonderful summer in the redwoods working at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. It was a great experience for me and I learned a lot. I can't wait for all the things this coming year has to offer.
Interests in Technology and the Environment[edit | edit source]
- Energy efficient transportation like electric vehicles
- Sustainable living practices
- Renewable energy methods
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment[edit | edit source]
- I have taken multiple Natural Resources and Environmental Science courses
- I have participated in beach cleanups picking up trash and pulling invasive species
- I worked at a state park, educating others about the environment