Jump to navigation Jump to search
About Me[edit | edit source]
- Annika Ragsdale
- I am an Environmental Science student at Humboldt State University and I am a Studio Art minor. I have many interests and those are just two of the subjects I am passionate about. Additionally, I love; working with wildlife, building things, baking, biking, hiking, kayaking, bird watching, badminton, yoga, video games, reading a good book, and just being outdoors.
Interests in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
Some of my interests in Appropriate Tech are:
- Learning how to live more sustainably on a day to day basis.
- Both altering and creating the world we live in.
- Learning how to build technologies that help to minimize human impact on our resources like, rainwater catchment systems, greywater systems, passive/active solar energies, and water efficient gardens.
- Finding out how Appropriate Tech can be cost effective.
- Finding easy ways to incorporate it into people's lives.
Experience in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
My experience in Appropriate Technology comes from:
- Working at the Humboldt State University Campus Center of Appropriate Technology
- Having explored the wide array of Appropriate Tech in Humboldt County in general (CCAT, Bayside Park Farm, etc.)
- Having learned about it at Humboldt State University.
- Having helped construct various projects for the National Park Service, Humboldt Wildlife Care Center, and Four Seasons Sunrooms.