Assignment[edit | edit source]
- Identify an OSAT that you would like to design to be a 3D printable technology
- Make sure someone else has not already done it : existing designs here. Also check former years 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, (You can choose to do a major improvement on past design)
- Reserve your OSAT by signature tagging with ~~~~ next to the OSAT on the list generated by the Appropedia community: Requests for 3-D printable open source appropriate technology. You can add your own ideas to the list, more than one of you can tackle the same tech in a different way, you may improve upon existing designs if you do so in a significant way. Double check someone else has not already done a better job - use http://yeggi.com
- Design 3D printable components with ONLY OS CAD packages (e.g. OpenSCAD, FreeCAD, or Blender) for FreeCAD put on https://www.youmagine.com/ and link back to it on Appropedia.
- Create an Appropedia page for your project. (Easiest way to create a page is put double square brackets around your project title on the reservation list - this will create a red hyperlink to it)
- Include the following sections on your page using the template below (copy and paste wiki markup into your page)
- Add picture and link to your project page in gallery below.
- Print component and bring to class/ online students drop it off at Dr. Pearce's office box
Grading[edit | edit source]
- 20% Print quality
- 30% Documentation
- 25% Design (design for printing, plastic minimization)
- 25% Function - Is it OSAT? Does it work?
Automatic reductions: -50% no source or the use of non-OS software -10% per day for late
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Add your image and link the gallery below in a single line after the last one in the list
2L Seed spreader 
Parametric brace for broken or sprained thumb "Thumb Spike"
Manual Pea Sheller 
Menstrual Cycle Tracker 
Fully Printable Berry Picker 
T Fitting 
Potato Ricer 
Modified cap for turning two-liter bottle into sharps disposal container