|Software license||[ ]|
|Hardware license||[ ]|
|Cost||USD $ 2|
|Export to||Open Know How Manifest|
|Keywords||3D printing, , , , , , How tos, OSAT 3D-Printable Designs|
|SDGs Sustainable Development Goals||SDG03 Good health and well-being|
|License||CC BY-SA 3.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as John Stough, Kathy Nativi (2019). "Ultimate Snow Scraper". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-24.|
- This project aims to fill the need for a small item that can be placed in a car, which serves the purpose of clearing snow and large ice from windows. Typically, cars would just have one snow scraper which the driver needs to be able to scrape across the windshield, but there are numerous windows that also need to be cleaned off. Instead of forcing one person in a car to clean all the windows, this project provides a simple solution which will allow the passengers and drivers to clear snow off the windows with ease. For the price of $1 per scraper, this ultimate scraper can clear large sheets of ice and snow with ease.
- Components are still being printed, images coming very soon.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Snow scraper only requires 1 solid piece. Now adhesive or connections to other parts are necessary.
- Circular_SnowScraper_V2 File is located in Youmagine: 
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- PETG or other Strong Printing Material
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Print Time: 2.5 to 3 Hours
- Infill: 25%
- Print Material: PETG
- Cost to Print: $2
- Bed Adhesion Type: Raft
- Use a knife to either separate the raft, or cut off the excess material
- Insure sharp edges. If edges are dull, you can use a sharp object to sharpen them. (This is another advantage to using larger layer thickness)
Common Problems and Solutions[edit | edit source]
- Make sure print is oriented with the handle down.
- Make sure infill is set high enough (20% minimum) or it will not be able to bridge the gaps for the top face.
- Make sure you are using a strong plastic such as PETG or ABS, or the scraper will not hold an edge, or will break at the mid surfaces.
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- Price to Print $2
- Sold in 3-6 packs at a unit price of approximately $6 
- Estimated % Savings of 66% at $4 per unit.
Benefited Internet Communities[edit | edit source]
- Appropedia users - OSAT applications 
- r/3DPrinting 
- Snowest Snowmobile Forum 
- r/Snowboarding 
- r/MTU 
Similar Projects with Different Functionalities[edit | edit source]
Ice Scraper Funnel that is very similar to the Scrape-A-Round