|Keywords||, , , ,|
|Designed in||Michigan, USA|
|Cost||USD $ 8.60|
|Hardware||CC BY-SA 4.0|
The corner restraint is a simple design that can be easily changed through it's FreeCAD file and it is designed to be printed without the use of support material to save plastic. When trying to safely transport material, this tool would be very useful and cost-efficient for those who would need it. I didn't find case studies where the technology is being used successfully.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- Materials needed for fabrication of the device, prices/sources of non-printable parts
- 1/8 in. x 1/4 in. Stainless-Steel Blind Rivet qty 16 - $8.60
- link to all source files from open source CAD and link to all STLs
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- Drill Bit 1/8 inch
Skills and knowledge needed[edit | edit source]
- Knowledge of Using Fasteners
- Installation - Screw, Rivet, Bolt
Technical Specifications[edit | edit source]
Print Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Print time estimate - 8.5hrs (Printing all four pieces at once)
- To ensure proper bed adhesion, the use of a brim or a raft is recommended. I had good results with a brim of 2mm.
- Nozzle size 0.4mm
- Wall count 6
- Infill 80% Triangle
- Nozzle temp: 222 C
- Layer Height 0.1mm
- Support material is not required.
Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Assembly time estimate - 1hr (Dependant on fastener type)
1. To determine the placement of the mounts, the container intended to be used is needed.
2. Place the container in the desired location
3. Use a straight edge and mark the edges of the container across the surface. This will help with step 10 to align the remaining corner pieces.
4. Place one of the Fuel Container Restraint pieces at one of the corners of the container.
5. Mark where the mounting holes are located with a marker.
6. Remove the Fuel Container Restraint piece and drill out the marked holes.
7. Use the desired fastener to secure the Fuel Container Restraint piece to the surface.
8. Repeat steps 4-7 for the remaining pieces.
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- PLA - $1.09 49 grams, 1/8 in. x 1/4 in. Stainless-Steel Blind Rivet qty 100 - $8.60
- Fuel Can Bracket - $77.09
- (77.09)-(8.60+1.09) = Savings of $67.40 --- 87% Savings