Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Seed Spreader / Salt Shaker
2L Seeder / Salt Shaker
Project developed by [[[User:Kjkurtz|Kjkurtz]] (talk)]
- With an over abundance of plastic bottles, there should be some attachments that can be made to make tools out of them! This design can fit any 2L bottle and can be scales down to fit other size bottles. This takes an old 2L pop bottle and turns it into a seed spreader/shaker. With the handle and easy to use adjuster, it is easy to control the flow of whatever you are spreading. Here in the North, this could also be used as a salt spreader for the winter months.
Bill of Materials
- 4 6/32 Hex Nuts
- 4 6/32 0.5in Bolts
- 100g of PLA Filament
- Link to all Source CAD and STL's 
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- Screwdriver and Pliers needed for Final Assembly
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- If you used special skill – link to relevant Wikipedia or Wikiversity articles/courses
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- Lay out all printed parts and hardware.
- Cut off Bottom of 2L Bottle
- Slip Handle top over the top of bottle
- Slip the end cap over the connecting cap as shown in the image
- Cut a small hole in the bottle for the securement screws
- Add the screws and the handle to the bottle
Print time estimate - 6.5 hours , Assembly time estimate - 10 minutes
Common Problems and Solutions
- Do not cut the hole too large for the connecting hardware, use a knife to cut a small slot or use a drill to avoid frustration
- If your solution is not a low cost one then it is not really appropriate.
- Hardware Costs for Nuts and Bolts $1
- Filament Costs @100g is approximately $2
- Total Cost is $3
- Commercial equivalent for a salt shaker 
- For the salt shaker savings of $5 or 62.5%, however it can be used to spread multiple sizes where the example has a maximum diameter is can spread.
Benefited Internet Communities
- Initial idea for the design 
[[Category:How tos]] [[Category:Deer Management]] [[Category:Salt Shaker]] [[Category:Winter]]. [[Category:House Hold Items]]