|Cost||USD $ 0.99|
|Export to||Open Know How Manifest|
|Keywords||3D printing, , , ,|
|SDGs Sustainable Development Goals||SDG03 Good health and well-being
SDG08 Decent work and economic growth
|License||CC BY-SA 3.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as Michael Warburton, Kathy Nativi (2019). "Nut Cracker". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-19.|
- This nutcracker is fully made with a 3D printer. Designed for high volume processing of a variety of nuts.
- Cracks many types of nuts, is hand operated.
- Increase financial mobility of poor nut farmers, by providing a low cost simple way to process their crops.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- Fully 3D printable. No extra parts needed.
- Link to all source files from open source CAD (https://www.youmagine.com/designs/nut-cracker-23-25)
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- 1.75mm PLA Filament, 55g used
Skills and knowledge needed[edit | edit source]
- Not Applicable
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Provide directions for print/assembly - be detailed enough in your "how to" to ensure that someone could construct the device from your description. Consider the elegance of IKEA like instructions.
- Printed in two pieces. One is the base, and the other is the strike. Assembly is easy, simply insert the strike into the top of the base.
- Cura estimate for this print is 2hr 38min @ 0.3mm layer height, 20% infill
- Pictures of the device at stage of assembly. (https://www.appropedia.org/File:Nutcrackerpieces.jpg)
- Video of Nutcracker in action.
|Nut Cracker in action|
Common Problems and Solutions[edit | edit source]
- The nut may be to small for the strike to crack the shell. This strike was designed not to crush the inside of the nut, only the shell. The original scad file can be altered to change the size of the strike. Just enter the nutheight in the variable section. The end of the strike is concaved to prevent nut rollout.
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- If your solution is not a low cost one then it is not really appropriate.
- Estimated cost of this project is $0.99. 0.055kg @ $18/kg = $0.99
- Commercially Available Nutcracker 
- $8 in savings, 11% of the commercial price.
References[edit | edit source]
[[Category:How tos]] [[Category:Water]]