This category contains lab protocols for Western University's Free Appropriate Sustainable Technology (FAST) Research Group.
FAST method template[edit | edit source]
Purchasing[edit | edit source]
- Mustang Market
- Direct contact: Paul Sheller firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful software[edit | edit source]
- Open Science Framework - citable repository MOST repository (Figshare - another possible useful citable repository for data)
- MTU MOST Gitlab group and Gitlab Methods
- AutoHotkey - a free, open-source macro-creation and automation software for Windows that allows users to automate repetitive tasks. It is driven by a scripting language that was initially aimed at providing keyboard shortcuts, otherwise known as hotkeys, that over time evolved into a full-fledged scripting language (also free but closed source AutoIt (for Windows)
- Veusz- scientific plotting and graphing package
- Dia - diagram editor
- Taverna - for workflows
- Open source engineering software
- Edrawings viewer
- Netfabb STL checker/fixer
- gcode viewer
- Mozilla's Science tools
- How to record screencasts with recordMyDesktop
- Engauge Digitizer
- QR Code generator
- Getting software from MTU http://support.it.mtu.edu/Software-Support/IT-Funded-Software-Requests-Available-Fall-2016-/84033968/What-is-the-Process-for-Requesting-IT-Funded-Software.htm
- Python https://www.anaconda.com/products/individual
FAST Research Facilities[edit | edit source]
Space[edit | edit source]
The Pearce group has been allotted a lab and outdoor testing facilities. ...coming soon.
Outreach after[edit | edit source]
- Making good sci videos
- Best times to post on social media
- Synfig OS 2-D animation
- open clip art
- Free Music
OS Videos[edit | edit source]
- Pixabay Videos - Copyright-free HD videos and footage released under Creative Commons CC0.
- Archive.org open-source movies - Movies under several licenses. Some licenses are accepted in the commons.
- Archive.org movies - Presentation of several collections of videos, some with free licenses.
- Prelinger Archives - over 2,000 public domain videos of "historic significance"
- Flickr Creative Commons videos - all assortments of videos.
- Flickr The Commons - a variety of videos licensed freely by many institutions
- European Southern Observatory videos - space and astronomy videos licensed under Creative Commons Attribution
- Open Images project, an initiative from the Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision. Many of the videos contain Dutch audio., so it's advised to remove the audio when uploading to Wikipedias other than the Dutch Wikipedia.
- NASA videos
- White House (Youtube channel)
- Kremlin.ru (Official Website of President of the Russian Federation) - All materials (fotos, texts, videos, audios, etc.) licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC-BY 3.0 Unported),
- Beachfront B-Roll - Constantly updated personal blog offering, for free, royalty free HD stock video, High Definition and HDR time lapse clips and HD animated looping backgrounds for any personal, corporate and commercial use. Downloads are a simple "Right Click Save" and the files are hosted by Archive.org.
- Free Stock Footage Archive Free glitch footage licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC-BY 3.0 Unported)
- Videvo Stock Footage Royalty-Free Stock Video Footage CC licensed (BY-3.0) or licensed by the company for easy use in non-commercial and commercial projects.
- Mazwai Stock Video Royalty-Free Stock Video Footage CC licensed (BY-3.0). Free to use, for commercial and non-commercial works, but you must credit the author of the clip.
Research Data Repository Approaches[edit | edit source]
- MTU citation search
- MOST Github stuff, MOST SCAD libraries
- Pearce Academia account
- Pearce/MOST Thingiverse account
- Pearce Research gate
- Figshare working with Github and Mozilla to enable 'Code as a Research Output' - See more at: http://figshare.com/blog/Working_with_Github_and_Mozilla_to_enable_Code_as_a_Research_Output_/117#sthash.JR5cCWxA.dpuf
- F1000Research and the Force11 Data Citation Principles - See more at: http://blog.f1000research.com/2014/03/10/f1000research-and-the-force11-data-citation-principles/#sthash.jWLW365U.dpuf