Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Category:Engr215 Introduction to Design
Engr215 Introduction to Design, is a 3-credit semester course aimed at introducing the engineering design process, including critical analysis of problems, teamwork and technical communication. The course meets weekly for 2 hours of lecture and 3 hours of lab. However, these “lecture” periods and “lab” periods are used for multiple learning formats as this course integrates lecture, discussion, student projects, computer labs and outdoor field activities. The format requires active learning. See the Engr215 Introduction to Design syllabus and E215 Introduction to Design projects for more.
- Students will learn about and experience the engineering design process.
- Students will further develop the many computing skills needed by practicing engineers and scientists. These skills include:
- word processing
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- Internet skills, including email, web searches and web pages
- Students will further develop the many communication skills needed by practicing engineers and scientists. These skills include:
- written communication
- verbal and visual presentation skills
Effecting the objectives
To effect the objectives Engr215 focuses on a real project for a real client. Each team interacts with a client for project definition, criteria analysis and final solution stages to create a custom design, substantial design document and model for potential use. This process is difficult, but prepares students well for future projects.
Below are some recent examples of projects.
See E215 Introduction to Design projects for a photo gallery view of past projects.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Engr215 Introduction to Design"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 806 total.(previous page) (next page)
- User:Aaron Hu
- User:Alejandro Infanzon-Marin
- User:Alex Mattson
- Aluminum Awareness Instructions
- Andrea Pedroza
- User:Angel Cortez
- Arcata Hostel mechanical munchy-maker
- User:Aren Page