We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Alex Halter
- An ERE engineering student at Humboldt State University, eager to learn and use the skills he has acquired over the years. Lifelong runner, but now a collegiate athlete for Humboldt, running Cross Country as well as Track and Field.
Interests in Engineering
- Renewable Energies, including solar power and tidal power
- Water quality and water management
- River restoration, similar to building wood jams and river reclamation
Experience in Engineering
- Part of RESU (Renewable Energy Student Union) and has worked with the Sorms units on the library roof
- Certified to work with solar panels through Grid Alternatives
- Completed Engineering 115, and loved it
- Built housing for my pet tortoise Toby multiple times, as he outgrows enclosures every two years
- Proficient in Excel and Word, as well as Java, HTML5, and CSS coding languages
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD
Examples of the work I've done during my time in the HSU engineering program: