Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Hello, my name is Alia! My interests include swimming, backpacking, music (singing, clarinet, guitar), baking, hunting, photography, fishing, gardening, programming, woodworking, reading, martial arts, cooking, running, calligraphy, surfing, sumi-e, hiking, film, and learning new things. I also love to laugh.
Interests in Engineering
- Doing something I enjoy
- Making money
- Leaving a positive impact
Experience in Engineering (Spring 2018)
- Field Experience: I designed the wooden bench in front of Arcata High School in Google SketchUp and assisted in the construction. (Big thanks to the Rotary Club or Arcata and Crestmark Architectural Millworks for donating the materials and their time.)
- Educational Experience: I am a second semester freshman Engineering student at Humboldt State University, and I have taken Intro to Environmental Resources Engineering, Intro to Design, and Solid Mechanics: Statics. Next semester, I plan to take Computational Methods in Environmental Engineering I and Solid Mechanics: Dynamics.
- "Dream big, work hard, stay focused, and surround yourself with good people.” - Unknown
- "A good cook is like a magician that dispenses happiness." - Elsa Schiaparelli
- "“I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.” - Sir Terry Pratchett
- "To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." - Unknown
- "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - J.K. Rowling
- “Waves are not measured in feet and inches, they are measured in increments of fear.” – Buzzy Trent
- "We swim because we are too sexy for a sport that requires clothes." - Unknown
- “The best moments in reading are when you come across something – a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things – which you had thought special and particular to you. Now here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out and taken yours.” - Alan Bennett
- while(!(succeed = try()));
- "Don't let the sun burn a hole in your ass, William Blake. Rise now, and drive your cart and plough over the bones of the dead!" - Nobody, Dead Man
- The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedburg
- “It seems to me I am trying to tell you a dream--making a vain attempt, because no relation of a dream can convey the dream-sensation, that commingling of absurdity, surprise, and bewilderment in a tremor of struggling revolt, that notion of being captured by the incredible which is of the very essence of dreams...No, it is impossible; it is impossible to convey the life-sensation of any given epoch of one's existence--that which makes its truth, its meaning--its subtle and penetrating essence. It is impossible. We live, as we dream - alone...” - Joseph Conrad
- "Live music is better." - Neil Young
Links of Interest
Links to examples of work from the ENGR 215 Design Project: