New book - 'Building a Better World in Your Backyard' - on Kickstarter (sponsored friend)
Distributed Manufacturing of Flexible Products- Technical Feasibility and Economic Viability
| By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
Pearce Publications: Energy Conservation • Energy Policy • Industrial Symbiosis • Life Cycle Analysis • Materials Science • Open Source • Photovoltaic Systems • Solar Cells • Sustainable Development • Sustainability Education
- Aubrey L. Woern and Joshua M. Pearce. Distributed Manufacturing of Flexible Products: Technical Feasibility and Economic Viability, Technologies 2017, 5(4), 71; doi:10.3390/technologies5040071 (registering DOI) open access
Abstractrecyclebot can be recovered in the manufacturing of about 9 kg of TPE filament, which can be accomplished in less than a week, enabling improved environmental impact as well as a strong financial return for heavy 3-D printer users.
|Economic Advantage to Making Your Own Stuff with 3D Printing|
- Emergence of Home Manufacturing in the Developed World: Return on Investment for Open-Source 3-D Printers
- Life-cycle economic analysis of distributed manufacturing with open-source 3-D printers
- Impact of DIY Home Manufacturing with 3D Printing on the Toy and Game Market
- Quantifying the Value of Open Source Hardware Development
- Open-source, self-replicating 3-D printer factory for small-business manufacturing
- Distributed manufacturing with 3-D printing: a case study of recreational vehicle solar photovoltaic mounting systems
- Global value chains from a 3D printing perspective
- Economic Potential for Distributed Manufacturing of Adaptive Aids for Arthritis Patients in the U.S.
|This page is part of an international project to use RepRap 3-D printing to make OSAT for sustainable development. Learn more.
Research: Open source 3-D printing of OSAT • RecycleBot • LCA of home recycling • Green Distributed Recycling • Ethical Filament • LCA of distributed manufacturing • RepRap LCA Energy and CO2 • Solar-powered RepRaps • solar powered recyclebot • Feasibility hub • Mechanical testing • RepRap printing protocol: MOST• Lessons learned • MOST RepRap Build • MOST Prusa Build • MOST HS RepRap build • RepRap Print Server
In the News
- Michigan Tech study asks how flexible 3D printing can save costs at home 3D Printing Industry
- Is Flexible 3D Printer Filament Worth the Investment? 3DPrint
- Is distributed manufacturing with flexible 3D printing filament worth it? Michigan Tech finds out 3Ders
- Is 3D printing with flexible filament give value? The researcher finds out! 3D Hoo (Chinese)
- 密歇根理工学院研究3D打印与零售店购买产品相比是否可以灵活地节省家庭成本 News 3D (China)
- 3D打印与零售店购买产品相比是否可以灵活地节省家庭成本 3D Day
- What if you could 3D print everything you need? A study of Michigan Tech 3D Adept
- THE ECONOMIC BENEFITS OF USING NINJAFLEX TPU FILAMENT - Ninjatek
- Make Your 3D Printer Pay for Itself Machine Design , New Equipment Digest