New book - 'Building a Better World in Your Backyard' - on Kickstarter (sponsored friend)
Pearce publications in life cycle analysis and net energy
| By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
Pearce Publications: Energy Conservation • Energy Policy • Industrial Symbiosis • Life Cycle Analysis • Materials Science • Open Source • Photovoltaic Systems • Solar Cells • Sustainable Development • Sustainability Education
- Joshua M. Pearce Expanding the Consumer Bill of Rights for material ingredients. Materials Today 21(3), pp. 197-198 (2018). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mattod.2018.02.002 Open access preprint
- Shan Zhong, Pratiksha Rakhe and Joshua M. Pearce. Energy Payback Time of a Solar Photovoltaic Powered Waste Plastic Recyclebot System. Recycling 2017, 2(2), 10; doi: 10.3390/recycling2020010 open access
- M.A. Kreiger, M.L. Mulder, A.G. Glover, J. M. Pearce, Life Cycle Analysis of Distributed Recycling of Post-consumer High Density Polyethylene for 3-D Printing Filament, Journal of Cleaner Production, 70, pp. 90–96 (2014). open access
- Megan Kreiger and Joshua M. Pearce (2013). Environmental Life Cycle Analysis of Distributed 3-D Printing and Conventional Manufacturing of Polymer Products, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, Engineering, 1 (12), (2013) pp. 1511–1519DOI: 10.1021/sc400093k Open access
- M. A Kreiger, D. R. Shonnard, J.M. Pearce, "Life Cycle Analysis of Silane Recycling in Amorphous Silicon-Based Solar Photovoltaic Manufacturing" Resources, Conservation & Recycling, 70, pp.44-49 (2013). Open access
- Megan Kreiger and Joshua M. Pearce (2013). Environmental Impacts of Distributed Manufacturing from 3-D Printing of Polymer Components and Products. MRS Online Proceedings Library, 1492, mrsf12-1492-g01-02 open access
- M. Kreiger, G. C. Anzalone, M. L. Mulder, A. Glover and J. M Pearce (2013). Distributed Recycling of Post-Consumer Plastic Waste in Rural Areas. MRS Online Proceedings Library, 1492, mrsf12-1492-g04-06 open access
| Joshua M. Pearce, “On-site Renewable Energy Generation”, in Robbins, Paul, Mulvaney, Dustin, and, Golson, J. Geoffrey (Editors), Green Energy: An A-to-Z Guide. 2010. SAGE Publications. ISBN: 9781412971850
Joshua M. Pearce, “Energy Payback”, in Robbins, Paul, Mulvaney, Dustin, and Golson, J. Geoffrey (Editors), Green Energy: An A-to-Z Guide. 2010. SAGE Publications. ISBN: 9781412971850
- J.M. Pearce, “Optimizing Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Strategies to Suppress Energy Cannibalism” 2nd Climate Change Technology Conference Proceedings, p. 48, 2009. pdf
- J.M. Pearce, “Limitations of Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Technologies Set by Rapid Growth and Energy Cannibalism” Climate 2008/Klima 2008.
- Joshua M. Pearce, "Thermodynamic Limitations to Nuclear Energy Deployment as a Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Technology", International Journal of Nuclear Governance, Economy and Ecology 2(1), pp. 113-130, 2008. open access
- Joshua M. Pearce, "Life Cycle Analysis" in S. G. Philander (Editor), Encyclopedia of Global Warming and Climate Change, Vol. 2, pp. 601-602, SAGE Publications, Inc, 2008.
- J. Pearce and A. Lau, "Net Energy Analysis For Sustainable Energy Production From Silicon Based Solar Cells", Proceedings of American Society of Mechanical Engineers Solar 2002: Sunrise on the Reliable Energy Economy, editor R. Cambell-Howe, 2002. ASME Solar 2002: International Solar Energy Conference. Paper No. SED2002-1051, pp. 181-186; 6 pages. doi:10.1115/SED2002-1051 draft