|License||CC BY-SA 4.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as Phil Green (2021). "Resources Scotland". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-24.|
Networks and sustainability initiatives[edit | edit source]
- Comrie Carbon Challenge
- Community Powerdown
- Eigg Island going green, (Wikipedia)
- Going Carbon Neutral Stirling, information from scotland.gov.uk
- Knoydart Foundation Powerdown
- Sustaining Dunbar
- Transition Linlithgow
- Transition Scotland
Ecovillages[edit | edit source]
Findhorn Ecovillage is an experimental architectural community project based at The Park, in Moray, Scotland, near the village of Findhorn. The project's main aim is to demonstrate a sustainable development in environmental, social, and economic terms. Work began in the early 1980s under the auspices of the Findhorn Foundation but now includes a wide diversity of organisations and activities. Numerous different ecological techniques are in use, and the project has won a variety of awards, including the UN-Habitat Best Practice Designation in 1998.
An independent study concludes that the residents have the lowest ecological footprint of any community measured so far in the industrialised world and is also half of the UK average. Although the project has attracted some controversy, the growing profile of environmental issues such as climate change has led to a degree of mainstream acceptance of its ecological ethos.
Community resources[edit | edit source]
- communitylandscotland.org.uk, added 16:55, 6 July 2021 (UTC)
Citizens data initiative[edit | edit source]
Scottish Neighbourhood Statistics, the Scottish Government's programme of small area statistics in Scotland.
Maps for community action[edit | edit source]
Research[edit | edit source]
Decentralising Digital, Working with rural communities in Karnataka, India, Decentralising Digital is an ongoing research project seeking to co-create new narratives for decentralised digital futures. added 12:22, 15 September 2021 (UTC)
Video for community action[edit | edit source]
Other resources[edit | edit source]
- Community involvement: Summary of the Evaluation of the Impact of the National Standards for Community Engagement, July 2008, The Scottish Government
- Environment, information from the Scottish Government
- Greener Scotland one-stop website for greener living, provided by the Scottish Government
- Scotland's Environment, website steered by a partnership chaired by the Scottish Government.
Near you[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
local information can be found, or shared, via our many UK location pages