CASwiki news articles have a focus on news of community action for sustainability. This article is an offshoot from Climate action UK and is for news and comment in that context.
- Time is running out for realistic climate commitments, Climate Change Committee, Jun 24 
- Sustained reductions in emissions require sustained Government leadership, underpinned by a strong Net Zero Strategy:
- A Net Zero Test would ensure that all Government policy, including planning decisions, is compatible with UK climate targets.
- An ambitious Heat and Buildings Strategy, that works for consumers, is urgently needed.
- Delayed plans on surface transport, aviation, hydrogen, biomass and food must be delivered.
- Plans for the power sector, industrial decarbonisation, the North Sea, peat and energy from waste must be strengthened.
- The big cross-cutting challenges of public engagement, fair funding and local delivery must be tackled.
May[edit | edit source]
April[edit | edit source]
UK to speed up target to cut carbon emissions, Apr 20 
World's wealthiest 'at heart of climate problem', Apr 13 
March[edit | edit source]
Government has no climate change plan say MPs, Mar 5 
February[edit | edit source]
Future generations bill sounds 'namby pamby' but it's start, says Lord Bird, Feb 20 
January[edit | edit source]
New Global Coalition launched to address impacts of Climate Change, Jan 25  Developed by the UK in partnership with Egypt, Bangladesh, Malawi, the Netherlands, Saint Lucia and the United Nations, this new Coalition will work to turn international political commitments made through the United Nations Call for Action on Adaptation and Resilience into on-the-ground support for vulnerable communities.
"There is no Planet B" has been updated, ready for the moment. And there may be some movement towards climate hope, Jan 22 
News sources[edit | edit source]
Creative commons[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- UK Climate news 2020
- UK Climate news 2019
- UK Climate news 2014 - 2019
- Climate action UK
- Climate action
- Extinction Rebellion
- XR and future democracy
- Legal resources