Those who have health have hope, and those who have hope have everything.
With a sound understanding of principles it is often possible to have lasting impacts on the health and safety of people where the latest medicines and equipment may not be available. This portal suggests solutions in these situations in humane, economical, and ecological ways. Simple, cheap, effective means are possible for the restoration and maintenance of health in many chronic, non-traumatic situations.
The use of appropriate technologies is less common in healthcare than other fields such as construction or agriculture. In healthcare it is linked closely to public health field and the water and sanitation, where it has been in use for much longer. Appropriate technology is often used to develop mobility and rehabilitation equipment as well as tests used to diagnose diseases.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Portal:Health and safety
- Category:Health - This Community action for sustainability category is for health topics tending to be about preventative, proactive and positive health, including community health, rather than reactive to ill-health or concerning safety.
- Community safety
[edit | edit source]
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
- ► Biotech (9)
- ► Cleaning (11)
- ► Safety (15)
Pages in category "Health and safety"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- Advising people about cooperatives
- Aligning executive incentives with global public health goals
- The Onion and the Satellite - Lucas Gonzalez
- Aquaponics System
- AT Sourcebook/Alternative Limbmaking
- AT Sourcebook/Anaesthesia at the District Hospital
- AT Sourcebook/Dermatological Preparations for the Tropics
- AT Sourcebook/Disabled Village Children
- AT Sourcebook/Establishing a Refugee Camp Laboratory
- AT Sourcebook/General Surgery at the District Hospital
- AT Sourcebook/How to Look After a Refrigerator
- AT Sourcebook/Independence Through Mobility
- AT Sourcebook/Low Cost Physiotherapy Aids
- AT Sourcebook/More With Less
- AT Sourcebook/Personal Transport for Disabled People
- AT Sourcebook/Philippine Medicinal Plants in Common Use
- AT Sourcebook/Rattan and Bamboo
- AT Sourcebook/Reference Material for Health Auxiliaries and Their Teachers
- AT Sourcebook/Simple Dental Care for Rural Hospitals
- AT Sourcebook/The Principles and Practices of Primary Health Care
- AT Sourcebook/The Provision of Spectacles at Low Cost
- AT Sourcebook/The Tooth Trip
- AT Sourcebook/The Village Health Worker
- AT Sourcebook/Where There Is No Dentist
- AT Sourcebook/Where There Is No Doctor
- Avian flu
Media in category "Health and safety"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- 3d printer mask.jpg 368 × 291; 98 KB
- Infographic of Tobacco vs COVID19 deaths in perspective.png 700 × 2,573; 1.16 MB