Conceived by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the ENGINEERING FOR CHANGE project is an online community owned and operated by Engineering for Change, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ASME. It is dedicated to providing solutions to fundamental quality-of-life challenges in underserved communities throughout the world. These challenges may pertain to any number of basic needs, such as clean water, energy, sanitation, housing and transportation. Our vision is to enable information-sharing, collaboration and interaction among organizations working “in the field,” and problem solvers registered on the site.
Engineering for Change uses open source technology to provide an easy-to-access medium for NGOs and local organizations to find answers to specific challenges. It also provides engineers and other problem solvers an accessible way to contribute their technical skills and know-how to the communities that need it most. While developed by ASME, Engineering for Change is open to and part of the entire engineering community.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Engineering"
The following 66 pages are in this category, out of 66 total.
- ECM - Desktop videoconferencing
- ECM - Double-sided printing
- ECM - Energy efficient laptop computers
- ECM - Energy efficient power supplies for desktop computer
- ECM - Energy Star Monitors
- ECM - Energy-efficient printers
- ECM - Linear fluorescent retrofit (T12 to T8)
- ECM - Network server virtualization
- ECM - Phantom power reduction (smart power bars)
- ECM - Vending machine motion sensors
- Engineering for sustainable development
- Engineering, Social Justice and Peace
- Ethanol-based hand sanitizer
- Examining the Impacts of Dam Removal and Its Techniques, A Sustainability Perspective
- Open source engineering software
- Open Source Low-Cost Power Monitoring System
- Open-source 3-D Printing in Managing Humanitarian Innovation
- Open-Source Automated Mapping Four-Point Probe
- OpenDrop Digital Microfluidics Platform
- Optimization and CFD analysis of wind-powered water pump system
- Optimized Blade Design for Homemade Windmills
- Optimized Water Catchment System