Hello, I am Nilin Holley. I am a positive and outgoing fourth-year electrical engineering student at Michigan Technological University with 2 years of team-oriented internship experience in the field. I have a reputation as a hard worker with extensive experience in theatrical lighting and sound. I am interested in audio (both consumer and commercial), theater, photography, programing, 3d printing, and biking.
Biography[edit | edit source]
I am from the rather large town of Racine, Wisconsin where I initially started on an engineering track in high school. Post high school I have moved to Houghton, Michigan where I am attending Michigan Technological University to study electrical engineering. While at MTU I have participated with the Velovations enterprise and worked at the Rozsa theater. Both of these have given me many opportunities to flex my creative skills as I build and work on projects in a team setting.
Outside of school I have had 2 years of internship experience with Badger Meter in Racine, Wisconsin where I worked on ultrasonic flow meters and preventing products from falling in to obsolescence.
I am currently on track to graduate in the spring of 2022
Current Projects[edit | edit source]
- Hot Pawz - heated bike grips - designed and developed control circuitry to allow for battery powered electrical heaters to be attached to the grips of a bike for winter riding
- Recording studio rebuild - designed and constructed new desks and shelves for various recording spaces around the Rozsa theater
Past Projects[edit | edit source]
- Inflateinator V2 - precision balloon filler - designed and constructed an arduino controlled balloon filler for a troop of clowns so they can fill balloons exactly the same every time
- Eshift - Electrical and mechanical design work for the Velovations Eshift team as we developed a wireless electronic shifter for the budget market
- Mr Flipper - grilled cheese robot - Lead integrator for a grilled cheese making robot. manufactured, assembled, and worked out all of the bug in the robot design
- Lecterns and Ticket stands for the Rozsa theater - Designed, engineered, and fabricated new ticket stands and lecterns for the Rozsa center
Work Experience[edit | edit source]
Rozsa Center for the Performing Arts – Houghton, Michigan
Theater Technician (September 2018 to present)
Running lights, sound, live streaming, and backstage for various events and concerts in the theater as well as load ins, strikes, construction, design, and general maintenance in the theater.
Badger Meter – Racine, Wisconsin
Electrical Engineering intern (January 2018 to August 2018 and May 2019 to August 2019)
Testing, verifying, and redesigning products before they go into full production. Electrical troubleshooting and board redesign for current products to prevent obsolescence. 3rd Coast Bicycles – Racine, Wisconsin Mechanic and sales representative (May 2017 to February 2018) Repairing bikes, building bikes, and problem solving to fix bikes with the materials at hand. Interacting with customers for sales and service.
Hobbies[edit | edit source]
I enjoy all types of biking and currently own 5.5 bikes (the half is a unicycle). I also enjoy long boarding, photography, and collecting and restoring vintage stereo equipment and records.