(something inclusive also of arts, sport, culture, the play ethic, education, co-learning and social inclusion)
Education, deliberation and media services[edit | edit source]
Fabulous example of citizen and community group created local media: Visioning Camden 2030 booklet, link via visioningcamden2030.wordpress.com
Inspiring quotes[edit | edit source]
"Most people participate in their communities not as part of organised groups, but in doing acts of kindness." Professor Carolyn Kagan, Professor of Community Social Psychology at Manchester Metropolitan University.
"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." Aristotle
"...if we are to move from charity to justice, helping our community members who are most marginalized to be heard is one of the most effective and enduring things we can do. Let's restore one of the strengths of our sector, and one of our sacred duties. Let's mobilize the full power of our community, constantly and unapologetically, in service of justice. We must intellectualize less and organize more. The soul of our sector, and the well-being of our community, depends on it." Nonprofit AF
"Please remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end." @TransitionLag
“We’ve always done skills exchanges. Hundreds of years ago, maybe, it was just with our neighbors and family, But now we have the possibility to take it anywhere in the world, and that’s a great opportunity.” Graziella Michel 
“The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members.” Coretta Scott King
Featured video[edit | edit source]
Together with the music of Rising Appalachia, the Rise Collective W is used to support many of the Smith sisters' community-based projects uniting the arts and justice. Having themselves been community activists during their travels, Leah and Chloe Smith want their art to also be a source of activism, as well as of cultural development.
See also[edit | edit source]
- CAN handbook: Shaping the system, Share learning, Create the feel
- CASwiki: ...Arts, sport and culture, Education for sustainability, Health and wellbeing, Peace and community safety, Road safety, Sharing, Social inclusion associated news articles and local, eg UK counterparts.
[edit | edit source]
- Equipped for my future, thealternative.org.uk
- The Daily Alternative, categories: Artists, Creative Industries, A better media, Create the feel, Video/film, Learning
Notes and References[edit | edit source]
- A new landscape for skill-sharing emerges from pandemic aftermath, Jan 7, 2021 shareable.net