Drafting content to start a Hylo group[edit source]
Below is a sort of tailored checklist to help content creation for a Hylo group. Ref: hylozoic.gitbook.io/hylo/guides
- Name of group: Alternative Co-creators, Other options: Alternative Global Co-creators, Alternative Global CANs. Yes we CAN, ...
- Image: banner type?
- Purpose: Cosmo-local communities reconnected to planet
- About the group / Intro Text:
- CANS connect people directly to the planet.
- Firstly by providing access to the best solutions that are being prototyped all over the world..
- Secondly by reconnecting people to the land they live on – the source of their resilience and flourishing,
- Thirdly though connecting CANs to CANs globally, The fractal growth of people waking up to their conditions, connecting to themselves and to each other, building new local economies – is unprecedented. (ref?)
In more detail, the work that we are naming at The Alternative Global as needing to be developed urgently.
1. The development of a tool box and methodology for CANs. This is not simply community organising, but cosmolocalism. Connecting I to We to World as a new form of energy, or life force. Doing this well creates soft power - the force of attraction.
2. Interconnectivity between CANs globally. This is a technical but also deeply narrative challenge. The rewards are a radical sharing, not only of intelligence but also belonging. When this global network becomes visible, people everywhere will have an alternative to choose.
3. A new media system. This arises directly out of the news agenda of 1 and 2. Capable of joining up the dots and translating its appeal to the world." refs: Alternative Editorial: We're Doing The Work, 8 December 2022, thealternative.org.uk; CANwiki
- Visibility, public, protected, or hidden: Public
- Access, open, restricted, or closed: Open, but note in About or pinned welcome re to join calls go through co-create page on The Alternative (+ link)
- Child groups: Initially perhaps rely on topics (see below) but as numbers grow begin child groups (to be restricted, see above)
- Related groups: on Hylo, CAN wiki (group doesn't exist yet), CASwiki (group doesn't exist yet), Appropedia (very little content so far), see also Tasks below
- Moderators: Phil, Maria (?)
- Questions for people wanting to join: na
- Questions for groups wanting to join: na
- Welcomed pinned post:
- Topics: operate like tags, Yes we CAN, Future being, Parallel Polis, New Media, CAN of CANs, Cosmolocal
About the group[edit source]
- Video: about the group, later?
- draft content for about / join (Hylo group) eg for CASwiki / CAN wiki, see below
- cocreate values, etc, see below
- cocreate wiki page on cosmolocalism
- building relationships with other groups
- contributing to platform development eg via Build Hylo group
Values, etc[edit source]
Ref: PHA (Planetary Health Alliance) material (link?)
- note on Tasks, as opportunities to help only
Other ideas for content[edit source]
- weekly featured video
Drafting content for an About / Join the Online Co-creators Community page[edit source]