Step 1: Enable the "Book Creator" tool
Step 2: Collect articles
If you open a category page, the "Add this page to your book" will change to "Add this category to your book". Clicking on "Add this category to your book" will add all articles in that category.
After selecting a few articles, you can click on "Suggest pages" and you will be presented with a list of articles that are related to your selection. This helps you to create a more complete book if you run out of ideas, or just want to make sure that you haven't forgotten anything.
Step 3: Review Your Book
Step 4: Download or order a printed book
Saving and sharing your book with others
In the "Save and share your book" section you have to choose whether you want to save your book
Finally, you have to provide a title for your book collection and click the "Save book" button.
Printed books from PediaPress
By clicking the "Preview with PediaPress" button, your collection of wiki articles will be uploaded to PediaPress, a service that prints books based on wiki content.
In 2007 the Wikimedia Foundation and PediaPress agreed upon a long-term partnership aimed to improve the availability of Wikipedia and other wiki-based project content in the form of high-quality print products or text documents in the OpenDocument format.
- Help for experts – details about the advanced functions of the Book tool.
- FAQ about the Book tool.
- Feedback – for reporting and tracking of bugs.
- Wikis Go Printable – Wikimedia Foundation press release, 13 December 2007.
- Technical documentation of the Collection extension.
- PediaPress books on Wikimedia Commons
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia:WikiProject Wikislice
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Merchandise – the Wikipedia "gift shop"