Delaware - Maryland - Washington DC - Virginia - West Virginia - North Carolina - South Carolina - Georgia - Florida - Kentucky - Tennessee - Mississippi - Alabama - Oklahoma - Texas - Arkansas - Louisiana
CASwiki Global portal
Apps for sustainability, USA part 1 (2011, not yet updated)
- Mobile Budburst, Citizen Science for Plant Phenology in the USA
- Neighborland uses mobile technologies, along with other online and offline outreach activities, to engage residents and civic leaders in neighborhood development. Users can suggest development ideas and support ones that resonate with them. They can also discuss how to turn these ideas into tangible projects
- Walk Score, a Walk Score for any address
Data USA, "the most comprhensive visualization of US public data
Data.gov, home of the U.S. Government’s open data
Data & Society, NYC-based think/do tank focused on social, cultural, and ethical issues arising from data-centric technological development.
EcoWest, data, maps, graphics on environmental trends. Material published under creative commons license.
Infographic: How Green is Your State?, globalwarmingisreal.com
Pinterest: EarthShare: Environmental Data
- On the Commons added 09:06, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
- Great Lakes Commons, a grassroots effort to establish the Great Lakes as a thriving, living commons — shared and sacred waters that we all protect in perpetuity.
News and comment
ioby, " built on the belief that a simple and proven tool — crowdfunding — can be put in the hands of people and communities that need it, and the results can be transformative for people, for places, and for power structures." 
see also: Colorado, Food activism
Maps[edit | edit source]
Social inclusion: US Poverty trends, MapStory
EarthShare, national federation that supports American environmental and conservation charities. Its stated mission is to engage individuals and organizations in creating a healthy and sustainable environment, by promoting environmental awareness and raising funds primarily through employee workplace giving. W
Other resources[edit | edit source]
- Funders’ Network "...membership organization that helps grantmakers across North America advance strategies to create fair, prosperous, and sustainable regions and communities..."
- Northwest Earth Institute
- Environmental and Energy Study Institute
Personal options[edit | edit source]
Energy saving: Project Laundry List, (Wikipedia) is a New Hampshire group that encourages the outdoor drying of clothes, "making air-drying laundry and cold-water washing acceptable and desirable as simple and effective ways to save energy," as quoted from their mission statement. It supports what is sometimes called the "right to dry". It provides information to those who working to change laws that prevent neighborhoods, private housing developments and apartment complexes from outlawing clothes lines because of aesthetic reasons, under the stated principle "All citizens nation-wide should have the legal right to hang out their laundry."
Video[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
local information can be found, or shared, via our many location pages