- Here Comes Everyone: XR's strategy for 2023-24 aims sees strengthening communities as the path to effective climate protest, The Daily Alternative (Jun 04, 2023)
- Extinction Rebellion: Climate activists stage Earth Day demonstration, BBC News (Apr 24, 2023)
- Extinction Rebellion announces move away from disruptive tactics, The Guardian (Jan 01, 2023)
Jul-Dec 2020[edit | edit source]
- Extinction Rebellion launches campaign of financial disobedience. Nov 23
Extinction Rebellion is a force for good. Sep 13
According to YouGov poll, UK public think we do not have a free press Only a minority of adults in the UK think that we have a free press. Most people think the press ownership concentration is unacceptable. 48% of people think the UK press generally pays too little attention to climate change. Sep 10
Jan-Jun 2020[edit | edit source]
Extinction Rebellion UK launch new strategy: 'In 2019 we demanded change. In 2020 we begin building the alternative'. Feb 12
- Today, Extinction Rebellion UK launched its new strategy for 2020 saying: 'This is the year rebellion goes beyond the streets and into the fabric of everything we do.'
- Barely a year old, Extinction Rebellion has already been recognised as the #1 global influencer on climate awareness.
- Key goals are to bring a million people in the UK into active support and ensure 50% of the nation see the Climate & Ecological Emergency as their top priority; pilot new participatory systems in democracy, media and economics; and grow connections to, and understanding of, wider movements for change.
- National policies and international climate agreements have failed for 30 years – While we know the eyes of the world will be on COP26 and we will be factoring it into plans, Extinction Rebellion will not be depending on this conference.
Pupils draft their own climate bill as anxiety grows over lack of guidance for schools Feb 11
2019[edit | edit source]
Majority of UK public back 2030 zero-carbon target – poll Nov 7
Extinction Rebellion: High Court rules London protest ban unlawful Nov 6
Extinction Rebellion's car-free streets showcase the possibility of a beautiful, safe and green future. Oct 16