|Authors||Joshua M. Pearce|
|Export to||Open Know How Manifest|
|SDGs Sustainable Development Goals||
SDG12 Responsible consumption and production
SDG13 Climate action
|Authors||Joshua M. Pearce|
|License||CC BY-SA 4.0|
|Affiliations||Free Appropriate Sustainable Technology
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as Joshua M. Pearce (2021). "Enhanced Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell Performance using Strontium Titanate Perovskite Integrated Photoanodes Modified with Plasmonic Silver Nanoparticles". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-27.|
Plasmonic silver nanoparticles loaded strontium titanate nanocomposites (Ag-SrTiO3 NC) with diverse weight percentages (0.5, 1.5, 2.5 and 5 wt%) of Ag nanoparticles (Ag NPs) are synthesized by a facile chemical reduction method. The prepared nanocomposites are characterized using diffuse reflectance spectroscopy, X-ray diffractometry, photoluminescence spectroscopy, scanning electronic microscopy and transmission electron microscopy. The photovoltaic performance of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs) integrated with Ag-SrTiO3 NC photoanodes has been assessed under simulated sun light intensity of 100 mW cm–2. The Ag-SrTiO3 NC photoanode loaded with 2.5 wt% Ag NPs exhibited higher power conversion efficiency of 4.39% with short-circuit photocurrent density of 11.54 mA cm−2, open circuit voltage of 0.77 V and fill factor of 0.49 in DSSC. This enhanced photovoltaic performance can be credited to high dye loading, improvement in visible light harvesting property and fast photo-induced electron transfer caused by the plasmonic Ag NPs.
- Sasikala, R., Kandasamy, M., Suresh, S., Ragavendran, V., Sasirekha, V., Pearce, J.M., Murugesan, S. and Mayandi, J., 2021. Enhanced Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell Performance using Strontium Titanate Perovskite Integrated Photoanodes Modified with Plasmonic Silver Nanoparticles. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 889, 161693. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2021.161693 academia
| Energy Conservation • Energy Policy • Industrial Symbiosis • Life Cycle Analysis • Materials Science • Open Source • Photovoltaic Systems • Solar Cells • Sustainable Development • Sustainability Education
Keywords[edit | edit source]
SrTiO3; perovskite;Ag-SrTiO3; plasmonic nanocomposites;Dye-sensitized solar cell;Plasmonic photovoltaics;Power conversion efficiency
Highlights[edit | edit source]
- Ag-SrTiO3NCs were prepared by a facile chemical reduction method and employed as photoanode of DSSC.
- Surface plasmon resonance feature of Ag NPs improves light scattering in the Ag-SrTiO3 NC photoanode.
- Reduced charge recombination and enhanced charge transfer in the Ag-SrTiO3 NC lead to improved DSSC efficiency.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Effect of microwave power irradiation on TiO2 nano-structures and binder free paste screen printed dye sensitized solar cells
- Peanut shaped ZnO microstructures: controlled synthesis and nucleation growth toward low-cost dye sensitized solar cells
- Dual morphology titanium dioxide for dye sensitized solar cells
- Reaction Induced Multifunctional TiO2 Rod/Spherical Nanostructured Materials for Screen Printed Dye Sensitized Solar Cells
- Microwave-Assisted Synthesized Gadolinium Doped Barium Strontium Titanate Nanostructures: Structural and Optical Properties for DSSC Applications
- Impact of Coupled Plasmonic Effect with Multishaped Silver Nanoparticles on Efficiency of Dye Sensitized Solar Cells