Plasmonic silver nanoparticles loaded strontium titanate nanocomposites (Ag-SrTiO3 NC) with diverse weight percentages (0.5, 1.5, 2.5 and 5 wt%) of Ag nanoparticles (Ag NPs) are synthesized by a facile chemical reduction method. The prepared nanocomposites are characterized using diffuse reflectance spectroscopy, X-ray diffractometry, photoluminescence spectroscopy, scanning electronic microscopy and transmission electron microscopy. The photovoltaic performance of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs) integrated with Ag-SrTiO3 NC photoanodes has been assessed under simulated sun light intensity of 100 mW cm–2. The Ag-SrTiO3 NC photoanode loaded with 2.5 wt% Ag NPs exhibited higher power conversion efficiency of 4.39% with short-circuit photocurrent density of 11.54 mA cm−2, open circuit voltage of 0.77 V and fill factor of 0.49 in DSSC. This enhanced photovoltaic performance can be credited to high dye loading, improvement in visible light harvesting property and fast photo-induced electron transfer caused by the plasmonic Ag NPs.
Keywords[edit | edit source]
SrTiO3; perovskite;Ag-SrTiO3; plasmonic nanocomposites;Dye-sensitized solar cell;Plasmonic photovoltaics;Power conversion efficiency
Highlights[edit | edit source]
- Ag-SrTiO3NCs were prepared by a facile chemical reduction method and employed as photoanode of DSSC.
- Surface plasmon resonance feature of Ag NPs improves light scattering in the Ag-SrTiO3 NC photoanode.
- Reduced charge recombination and enhanced charge transfer in the Ag-SrTiO3 NC lead to improved DSSC efficiency.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Effect of microwave power irradiation on TiO2 nano-structures and binder free paste screen printed dye sensitized solar cells
- Peanut shaped ZnO microstructures: controlled synthesis and nucleation growth toward low-cost dye sensitized solar cells
- Dual morphology titanium dioxide for dye sensitized solar cells
- Reaction Induced Multifunctional TiO2 Rod/Spherical Nanostructured Materials for Screen Printed Dye Sensitized Solar Cells
- Microwave-Assisted Synthesized Gadolinium Doped Barium Strontium Titanate Nanostructures: Structural and Optical Properties for DSSC Applications
- Impact of Coupled Plasmonic Effect with Multishaped Silver Nanoparticles on Efficiency of Dye Sensitized Solar Cells
- The use of urea as an N-doping 3D hierarchical preserving agent for titanium dioxide nanostructures tailored for dye-sensitized solar cells
- Visible light driven photocatalytic performance of 3D TiO2/g-C3N5 nanocomposites via Z-scheme charge transfer promotion for water purification
- Fabrication of Bimetallic Inlaid Working Electrode for Highly Efficient Dye Sensitized Solar Cells