Aalto University (Finnish: Aalto-yliopisto; Swedish: Aalto-universitetet) is a public research university located in Espoo, Finland. It was established in 2010 as a merger of three major Finnish universities: the Helsinki University of Technology, the Helsinki School of Economics and the University of Art and Design Helsinki. The close collaboration between the scientific, business and arts communities is intended to foster multi-disciplinary education and research.
The Finnish government, in 2010, set out to create a university that fosters innovation, merging the three institutions into one. The university is composed of six schools with close to 17,500 students and 4,000 staff members, making it Finland's second largest university. The main campus of Aalto University is located in Otaniemi, Espoo. Aalto University Executive Education operates in the district of Töölö, Helsinki. In addition to the Greater Helsinki area, the university also operates its Bachelor's Programme in International Business in Mikkeli and the Metsähovi Radio Observatory in Kirkkonummi.
The university is named in honour of Alvar Aalto, a prominent Finnish architect, designer and alumnus of the former Helsinki University of Technology, who was also instrumental in designing a large part of the university's main campus in Otaniemi.
Pages in category "Aalto University"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- Chemical resistance of 3D printable polymers: experiments
- Chemical resistance of 3D printable polymers: literature review
- Chemical resistance of 3D printable polymers: literature review/pt
- Compatibility of 3-D printed devices in cleanroom environments for semiconductor processing
- CubeSat Attitude System Airbearing Test Bed
- Curing box for photocrosslinkable resins
- Economic Advantages of Dry-Etched Black Silicon in Passivated Emitter Rear Cell (PERC) Photovoltaic Manufacturing
- Electrochemical polishing support for copper foils
- Electroplating holder
- Electropolishing of copper literature review
- Electropolishing of copper literature review/es
- Extrusion head with an integrated screw and UV-diodes attachments