|Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing and recycling.
|This page is part of an international project to use RepRap 3-D printing to make OSAT for sustainable development. Learn more.
Research: Open source 3-D printing of OSAT • RecycleBot • LCA of home recycling • Green Distributed Recycling • Ethical Filament • LCA of distributed manufacturing • RepRap LCA Energy and CO2 • Solar-powered RepRaps • solar powered recyclebot • Feasibility hub • Mechanical testing • RepRap printing protocol: MOST• Lessons learned • MOST RepRap Build • MOST Prusa Build • MOST HS RepRap build • RepRap Print Server
Constructing the Lower Platform[edit | edit source]
Before You Begin[edit | edit source]
- Make sure you have the everything to build the lower platform:
- 3 – M3x35mm socket head screws
- 3 – M3 ny-lock nuts
- 6 – M3 Flat Washers
- Printed Parts:
- 3 – Motor Ends
- 3 – Platform Spacers
- Required Tools:
- 2.5mm Alan Wrench
- 5.5mm Combination wrench
- Recommended Tools:
- 3mm or 1/8” Drill bit
Building the lower platform[edit | edit source]
- Take 1 M3 x 35mm and put 1 washer on it. Insert it into one of the two holes opposite the motor mount.
- Slide the screw through the hole in the platform spacer. make sure the flat part is down.
- Place another motor end on the screw after the platform spacer, followed by 1 washer and 1 ny-lock nut. Do not tighten the nut all the way, keep the nut loose, in order to attach the other two platform spacers. Repeat steps 1-3 for the rest of the motor mounts and spacers. Once complete, tighten all the screws and nuts.