Israel community action[edit | edit source]
Sustainability initiatives[edit | edit source]
- Bustan, (Wikipedia): a joint Israeli-Palestinian non-profit organization of eco-builders, architects, academics, and farmers who promote environmental and social justice in Israel/Palestine. It uses tactics such as non-violent direct action and lobbying to improve the quality of life for marginalized populations that live in the region, most notably the Bedouin of unrecognized villages in the Negev desert of southern Israel. Bustan is an active part of the Together Forum, and works in partnership with the Regional Council of Unrecognized Villages (RCUV).
- Project Wadi Attir, A Model Sustainable Desert Community
Community currencies activism[edit | edit source]
colu.com, Local Digital Wallet
Community energy[edit | edit source]
Wikipedia: Solar power in Israel: Solar technology in Israel has advanced to the point where it is almost cost-competitive with fossil fuels. The high annual incidence of sunshine in the Negev Desert has spurred an internationally renowned solar research and development industry. At the end of 2008, a feed-in tariff scheme was approved which has led to many residential and commercial solar energy power station projects. Israel's goal is to produce ten percent of the country's energy from renewable sources by 2020.
Cycling activism[edit | edit source]
Sustainable transport activism[edit | edit source]
Hitchhiking in Israel W
Ecovillages[edit | edit source]
- Kibbutz Lotan, where spirit and earth meet. added 16:41, 2 May 2021 (UTC)
News and comment[edit | edit source]
Let there be light: The inspiring story of solar power in Israel's Arava Desert, Jan 10 
The first Israeli Transition Gathering, Jun 10 
Tel Aviv's journey to becoming the hippest cycling city, January 27 
Bedouin village of Darajat gaining acclaim for its focus on clean energy, June 24. "Most residents have solar water heaters and electric systems, the school is powered by wind and sun, and students learn hands-on about alternative energy by reading the power meters in their classrooms. The village also boasts a solar mosque."
Israel: World leader in water technology solutions, March 24. Israel is the world leader in water technology solutions with 75 per cent of sewage water recycled for agricultural use. Israeli water technologies are exported to more than 100 countries worldwide.
[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia: Israel
- Knesset Commission for Future Generations on FDSD
- Friends of the Earth Middle East, (Wikipedia): As a tri-lateral organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian and Israeli environmentalists, its primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect a shared environmental heritage. In so doing, it seeks to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in the region. FoEME has offices in Amman, Bethlehem, and Tel-Aviv.