Western University is a public research university located in London, Ontario, Canada. Considered Canada's most beautiful university, Western's main campus spans over 480 hectares of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern, LEED-certified structures that provide an idyllic environment for our community of scholars.
- Ranked among the top 1% of higher education institutions worldwide
- A founding member of the U15 – Canada's most distinguished research universities
- 40,000 students, including more than 5,800 international students from 128 countries
- One of the highest national entrance averages of first-year students at 90.6%
- First to second year retention rate of 93.6%—one of the highest in Canada
- 12 faculties, including the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, as well professional programs in Medicine, Business, Law and Engineering
- 95.2% employment rate after graduation
Research Groups[edit | edit source]
There are also several research groups at Western that specialize in sustainability, renewable energy, and OSAT.
- Dr. Joshua Pearce's Free Appropriate Sustainability Technology (FAST) works in solar photovoltaics, open hardware and OSAT and uses Appropedia
- Dr. Tarek Loubani runs Glia
- Member of the Canadian Micro-Pulse Lidar Network
- Sciences Western Field Station
- The Wind Engineering, Energy and Environment Research Institute (WindEEE) does wind research in the world's first three-dimensional testing chamber.
Free and Open Source Offerings at Western[edit | edit source]
Research[edit | edit source]
- Digital Commons @ UWO is a digital repository offering worldwide access to research, scholarship, campus publications and other creative works by members of the Western community. Free access to work in over 1000 disciplines
- Open Access Agreements
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Western University"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Ivey-Main-Full-Signature.jpg 936 × 536; 168 KB
- Western Logo H Engineering RGB SIM.svg 512 × 48; 14 KB
- Western u.gif 192 × 235; 10 KB