Biography[edit | edit source]
Seyyed Ali Sadat was born in Kashan, Iran. His interest in Mathematics and Physics was discovered by his family during childhood. Because of this passion, he studied Mathematics and Physics in high school, where he achieved GPA 4/4 in full duration of high school and received top student awards from high school president. In 2014 participated in the Iran's universities entrance exam where his outstanding results, as well as his interests, led him to study mechanical engineering at the University of Kashan, one of the top universities in Iran. During his bachelor of science courses, he finds his particular interest in the energy fields, especially renewable energy sources. Finally, he graduated in bachelor of science with cumulative GPA 3.84/4 ranked within top 3 students of mechanical engineering department (Class 2015 among 167 students).
Motivation[edit | edit source]
Seyyed Ali Sadat's lifetime has coincided with the flourish of the high-tech and advanced energy engineering industry. This abundant interest led him to choose engineering as his university major. As an undergraduate engineering student with an ardent interest in renewable energy systems and energy policy analysis, he learned crucial principles applicable to most tools and processes that naturally broaden his learning and research scope.The wide range of theoretical knowledge and skills, which his academic experiences have provided, will be extremely useful when studying at the graduate level. He tried so hard to gain the best GPA at the university as well, and he was ranked within the top three students of his year level. During the undergraduate period, all of these efforts made him a consistent and persistent student with a great opportunity offered to him; undergraduate research assistant of the energy research institute at University of Kashan, Iran. He put effort into acquiring knowledge, and also it was an excellent opportunity for him to be part of a group. As an undergraduate student, he never stayed in his comfort zone for too long, as his résumé bear out this claim.
Seyyed Ali Sadat's burning ambitions led him to start his graduate career at Western University and Free Appropriate Sustainability Technology (FAST) Research Group under supervision of Prof. Joshua Pearce, which would equip him with comprehensive and specialized skills. By studying at Western University and FAST, he will become an academic researcher, expert and qualified enough to become a professional scientist in his field to help and attract the industry to PV technology as well as green energy sources. He would also like to become an active member in the academic field to influence future generations.
Main Academic Goals[edit | edit source]
- Conducting high-quality researches using State-of-Art for the benefits of Mankind and Science
- Researching for deployment and development of renewable energy technologies in developing world
Seyyed Ali Sadat's Research Interests[edit | edit source]
- Renewable Energy Management and Engineering: Optimization, Forecasting and Prediction, Performance and Efficiency Analysis, Design for developing world, Uncertainty, Application of machine learning in energy management
- Renewable Energy policy: Development of renewable/clean energies in developing world, Application of MCDM approaches in green energy policy
Current Research[edit | edit source]
- Designing a open-source PV frame
- Designing a twin-screw extruder and 3D-printer head
- Energy policy analysis
Education[edit | edit source]
- Bachelor of science in mechanical engineering, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran
GPA: 3.84/4 (18.30 out of 20) Overall.
- High-School Diploma in Physics and Mathematics, Ghadir high school, Kashan, Iran
GPA: 4/4 Overall.
Publications[edit | edit source]
Bachelor of science thesis[edit | edit source]
- Mega Energy Storage for Developing World: Analysis and Design, (Grade: 20 out of 20), Results: doi: 10.13140/RG.2.2.18257.86883
Journal articles[edit | edit source]
Under Review[edit | edit source]
- Sadat, SA., Vandewetering, N. , Pearce, J.M., "Mechanical and economic analysis of conventional aluminum photovoltaic module frames, frames with side holes, and open-source downward-fastened frames for non-traditional racking", Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, Preprint:10.31219/osf.io/uts48
Published[edit | edit source]
- Sadat, SA., Hoex, B.., Pearce, J.M., "A Review of the Effects of Haze on Solar Photovoltaic Performance", Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews Journal, Volume 167, October 2022, 112796, doi:10.1016/j.rser.2022.112796.
- Bow, J., Gallup, N., Sadat, SA., Pearce, J.M., "Open Source Surgical Fracture Table for Digitally Distributed Manufacturing, PLOS One Journal, 17(7): e0270328, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0270328.
- Sadat, SA., Vakilalroaya fini, M. R., Hashemi-Dezaki, H., Nazififard, M., "Barrier analysis of solar PV energy development in the context of Iran using fuzzy MCDM methods", Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments Journal, Vol.47, October 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.seta.2021.101549.
- Sadat, SA., Faraji, J, Nazififard, M, Ketabi, A., "The experimental analysis of dust deposition effect on solar photovoltaic panels in Iran's desert environment", Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments Journal, Vol.47, October 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.seta.2021.101542
- Imanloozadeh, A., Nazififard, M., Sadat, SA., "A new stochastic optimal smart residential energy hub management system for desert environment", International Journal of Energy Research, 2021, doi: 10.1002/er.6991.
- Sadat, SA., Faraji, J, Babaei, M, Ketabi, A. "Techno-economic comparative study of hybrid microgrids in eight climate zones of Iran" Energy Science & Engineering Journal. 2020; 8: 3004– 3026. doi: 10.1002/ese3.720
Conference Proceedings[edit | edit source]
- Sadat, SA, Nazififard, M., "Introducing a Novel Hybrid Mobile Energy Storage System for Vulnerable Community Resilience Support," 2020 6th International Conference on Electric Power and Energy Conversion Systems (EPECS), Istanbul, Turkey, 2020,pp. 46-51, doi: 10.1109/EPECS48981.2020.9304524
Awards and Honors[edit | edit source]
- Top student researcher award Based on research performance at Energy Research Institute, University of Kashan.
- Ranked within top three students (Graduated in the top three student/2% of my year level) Based on GPA of 3.84/4 in Mechanical Engineering department, In full duration of Bachelor of Science, Competition among 167 students, Ranking by University of Kashan.
- Offered straight admission for M.Sc. in Energy Systems Engineering Tuition fee and entrance exam waived as award for being talented student, University of Kashan, Iran.
- Top student award Based on GPA of 4/4 in high-school, Physics and Mathematics, Awarded by Ghadir High school, Kashan, Iran.
Other webpages[edit | edit source]
Additional pages to manage[edit | edit source]
Should I leave the grid? FAST literature review: Should I leave the grid? FAST literature review
Open-source PV frame literature review: Open-source PV frame design:FAST literature review
Twin-screw literature review: Twin screw extruder design literature review
Solar Trailer Project: Mega Energy Storage for Developing World Analysis and Design
Research Project: PV development in Iran