Academic Background and Interests[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
Currently enrolled at Michigan Technological University, studying toward a MSc degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering with a focus on Power Systems. Has completed a Master program focused on the design of standalone solar photovoltaic systems at Université Ouaga I Pr. JKZ in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso with a minor in sustainable development. Worked on the simulation of the thermal behavior of solar photovoltaic panels in a desert environment. Prior, to this degree, graduated from Université de Lomé with a Bachelor of Science in General Physics. Worked with an NGO, Energy Generation, where served as Technical Manager. Developed a training curriculum for standalone PV systems installation technicians, helped design a makerspace and counseled innovative energy project holders on how to improve their prototypes.
Academic Interests[edit | edit source]
Interested in energy production and management throughout renewable energy sources and sustainable technologies with a particular focus on solar PV Systems. Also interested in the integration of renewable energy systems into the existing grid. Other interests include the use of renewable energy systems to mitigate Climate Change issues. Currently working on an LCA analysis of comparison of three types of cooking stoves (Gas, Electric and traditional).
Publications[edit | edit source]
- Hayibo KS, Pearce JM. A review of the value of solar methodology with a case study of the U.S. VOS. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2021;137:110599. doi:10.1016/j.rser.2020.110599
- Hayibo, K.S., Mayville, P., Kailey, R.K., Pearce, J.M., 2020. Water Conservation Potential of Self-Funded Foam-Based Flexible Surface-Mounted Floatovoltaics. Energies 13, 6285. https://doi.org/10.3390/en13236285
- Dianda, B., Ky, T.S.M., Ouedraogo, E., Hayibo, K.S., Bathiebo, D.J., 2018. Theoretical Study of a Thermal Photovoltaic Hybrid Solar Collector. Indian Journal of Science and Technology 11, 1–9. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2018/v11i43/132133
Campus Involvement and In the News[edit | edit source]
- AP News
- Science Daily
- Involvement in the Engineering Ambassadors @MichiganTech program
- Michigan Tech College of Engineering Blog
- Sharing Knowledge Conference, Geneva, Switzerland, 7 - 8 June 2019