This page is linked from the statistics page.
Administrators, also called admins or sysops, are members of the Appropedia community who have access to technical features that help with maintenance. Administrators are expected to respect and be familiar with Appropedia policy.
Admins can protect and delete pages, block other editors, and undo these actions as well. Administrators are generally editors with specific areas of expertise, who have been contributing for a substantial time and have shown themselves to be responsible, familiar with the MediaWiki software and site policies. Adminship is a voluntary position and is not paid.
For the current list of all admins, see the sysop list. For more detail on each, see below.
Active admins[edit source]
- Chriswaterguy (talk · contribs)
- Ethan (talk · contribs)
- Felicity Tepper (talk · contribs)
- J.M.Pearce (talk · contribs)
- Lonny (talk · contribs) (Lonny is the founder, aka ATSysop). (Contact Lonny for any questions about the server side of Appropedia, and the underlying MediaWiki software.)
- Philralph (talk · contribs)
- RichardF (talk · contribs) (Template expert)
- Moribund (talk · contribs)
- Emilio (talk · contribs)
Other admins[edit source]
These admins may be taking a break from active admin work, or focused on other projects at the moment:
- Curtbeckmann (talk · contribs)
- Danny B. (talk · contribs)
- GoodSignal (talk · contribs)
- Jason Michael Smithson (talk · contribs)
- On2Leggs (talk · contribs)
- Steve.mccrosky (talk · contribs)
- Tahnok (talk · contribs)
- Teratornis (talk · contribs) (Template expert)
- Vinay Gupta (talk · contribs)
- In basic agreement with Appropedia's mission.
- Familiar with Appropedia policies and guidelines and consistently works within them.
- Respects science and the scientific method, but also understands that people following the scientific method can have genuine disagreement.
- Shows humility and respect, and is on good terms with the Appropedia community at large.
The exact details are being worked out at Appropedia:Administrators/Requirements, which is a proposed policy.
See also[edit source]
- Appropedia:Administrators/Nominations - where to nominate someone for adminship
- Appropedia:Guidelines for administrators
- For more information, see Wikipedia:Project:Administrators. The editing privileges of Wikipedia admins are very similar or identical, as the Wikipedia and Appropedia sites use the same software (MediaWiki). The main difference is that Wikipedia is much larger and generally more contentious than Appropedia, so adminship on Wikipedia is correspondingly more complex.
- Wikipedia:WP:EIW#Admin - links to many pages describing adminship on Wikipedia