|Skills||design, , research, ,|
|Interests||open source, design, sustainability, ,|
|Contributions||APGAR Score Assessment
Alertness Assessment (AVPU)
Alertness and Orientation Assessment (A&O)
Blood Pressure Auscultation
Bolas de semillas
CPAP Equipment Setup
Collaborative COVID-19 initiatives
Hi! I am an industrial engineer from El Salvador. I have dedicated ten years to organizations focused on social development and volunteer mobilization. My previous experience comes from Habitat for Humanity El Salvador, where I worked for eight years prior to Appropedia Foundation.
Over the past few years, I have also collaborated with different organizations such as the Latin American Fab Lab Network, Reacción and Fundación Insitu in the design and execution of technological projects and initiatives by using participation as a medium for collaboration with non-technical communities to solve social and environmental problems. In 2020 I taught a short course and seminar at ESEN and Brandeis University respectively.
I am currently a board member of Internet Society El Salvadorand lead of the Creative Commons El Salvador Chapter. I became the first Salvadoran awarded as an Innovator Under 35 by MIT Technology Review.
Work on Appropedia[edit | edit source]
Since 2019 I serve as the Executive Director of The Appropedia Foundation. Some of the activities that I am currently involved in are fundraising, site development and community building. Sometimes, I'm editing help pages or fighting spam; some other times I'm helping facilitate work with professors who are running classes on Appropedia and organizations documenting hardware and international development projects.
Current edits[edit | edit source]
- I am part of the OpenClimate network, organizing monthly calls. Read our most recent article on Branch! and this presentation on Appropedia.
- I am currently focused on the Global Surgical Training Challenge.
- Developing a comprehensive device and project guide. Ideas at User:Emilio/Instances
- Update to Appropedia policies
- Supporting community profiles and maps for the Mapeo de agua en La Libertad project, alongside UNDP Accelerator labs El Salvador and Techo El Salvador.
Other things[edit | edit source]
- Velis, E., Samson, K., Robles, I., & Rodríguez, D. (2020). Craft and Artisan Initiatives of the Salvadoran Civil War (1980–1992). Digital Culture & Society, 6(1), 37–56. https://doi.org/10.14361/dcs-2020-0103
- I'm currently an Adjunct Professor for the Heller School for International Development.
Currently reading[edit | edit source]
- The Open Work by Umberto Eco.
My subpages[edit | edit source]
This is a list of subpages I'm working with.