CASwiki news articles have a focus on news of community action for sustainability. This article is an offshoot from Climate action and is for news and comment in that global or international context.
see Climate news for most recent news and comment
2015[edit | edit source]
Climate change with El Niño makes 2015 warmer, raising temperatures and disrupting weather patterns; 2016 predicted to be warmest year yet, due mostly to climate change and partly to El Niño, December 26 
NASA: 2015 Will Be ‘A Scorcher Relative To All Other Years’ On Record, December 15 
Everyone is the Mother of Victory, December 14 
Historic Paris climate pact reached – experts react, December 12 
Paris climate deal: nearly 200 nations sign in end of fossil fuel era. December 12 
Decrease in China’s coal use sees global emissions fall in 2015, December 7  The rapid growth in global carbon dioxide emissions over the last decade appears to have stalled, a new study says. Early estimates suggest that global emissions will decrease by 0.6% this year, following a small increase of 0.6% in 2014.
- The break in the emissions trend is mainly down to a drop in coal use in China, the study says, which drives a projected decrease in Chinese emissions of around 4% compared to 2014.
- However, this is unlikely to signal a peak in global emissions just yet, the researchers say.
Largest Climate Mobilisation in History, December 1:
- We did it! This weekend’s Global Climate March broke records as the largest climate mobilisation in history! This is the movement our world has been waiting for.
- From São Paulo, to Sana’a, to Sydney, over 785,000 of us marched at 2,300 events in 175 countries united in one voice calling for a 100% clean energy future to save everything we love. 
Story Map Navigates Cause and Effects of Climate Change, November 30 
President Obama and Bill Gates to announce historic investment in clean energy research, November 30 
Why COP21 matters, and why I'm going. Rob Hopkins. October 29 
A Hard Deadline: We Must Stop Building New Carbon Infrastructure by 2018, July 2 
Citizens’ Views on Climate Change: Close to Three Quarters Say Action Will Boost Quality of Life, June 10 
'Moon shot' call on clean energy, June 2 
This Was The Hottest 3-Month Start Of Any Year On Record, April 15 
Global CO2 emissions 'stalled' in 2014, March 13 
2014[edit | edit source]
UN urges huge increase in green energy to avert climate disaster, April 12 
Report hails international progress on climate change laws, Febraury 27 
2013[edit | edit source]
Large rise in CO2 emissions sounds climate change alarm, March 8 
2009[edit | edit source]
George Marshall on why Turning out the lights for the WWF Earth Hour plays into the hands of our critics, March 27 
See also[edit | edit source]
- Climate news 2021
- Climate news 2020
- Climate news 2019
- Climate news 2018
- Climate news 2017
- Climate news 2016
- Climate action
- Climate action by location (category)
- Legal resources