Buckinghamshire, abbreviated Bucks, is a ceremonial county in South East England that borders Greater London to the south-east, Berkshire to the south, Oxfordshire to the west, Northamptonshire to the north, Bedfordshire to the north-east and Hertfordshire to the east. W
Buckinghamshire community action[edit | edit source]
Sustainability initiatives[edit | edit source]
- Low-Impact Living Initiative (based in Buckinghamshire), dedicated to helping protect the global environment by promoting sustainable alternatives to various aspects of everyday life. Lili have produced a number of information sheets which are available as PDFs.
- MK:Smart, bringing together data, enterprise and communities to transform energy, transport and water use in Milton Keynes. "Have you got a great idea for our city? We want your innovative ideas and you to help develop these ideas into citizen-led projects. If you have an idea or want to have your say on other people’s ideas visit www.ourmk.org"
- Transition MK
- Transition Town High Wycombe
♥ Biodiversity[edit | edit source]
Community energy[edit | edit source]
CAPE, Community Action Platform for Energy project will develop an interactive website designed to assess energy use for individuals and communities in Milton Keynes - Wolverton Community Energy, community owned energy hub rooted in historical Wolverton, a fragment of Victorian history in the heart of Milton Keynes.
Community and voluntary action[edit | edit source]
Community Action: MK answers enquiries for and about the voluntary and community sector in Milton Keynes. "We also provide information about all aspects of running a voluntary or community group, and can signpost you to other support and information. Community Action: MK also provides information and support about the city’s growth, and will be looking to support the new communities moving into the city."
Cycling activism[edit | edit source]
Sustainable transport activism[edit | edit source]
A large part of the Chiltern Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, runs through the south of the county and attracts many walkers and cyclists from London. W
Waterways[edit | edit source]
The Grand Union Canal runs through the county from Milton Keynes down to Marsworth, passing in and out of Bedfordshire on the way. After this it leaves and enters Hertfordshire. At Marsworth two branches separated, one to Aylesbury and one to Wendover. The Aylesbury branch remains active to this day, whilst the Wendover arm was closed over a century ago. However it is now being restored by a volunteer trust who have reopened it as far as Little Tring. It is presently being restored back to Aston Clinton (see trust website). W
Walking[edit | edit source]
Footpaths in Buckinghamshire, (category) W
Resources[edit | edit source]
Maps[edit | edit source]
Networks[edit | edit source]
- Citizens:mk, a growing alliance of diverse community groups – churches, mosques, schools and community associations – working together for a better Milton Keynes.
- MK Peace and Justice Network
News and comment[edit | edit source]
Funding for Citizen Innovators, Sep 
Local environmental group Transition MK celebrate MK’s commitment to low carbon living! November 30 
- Local environmental group, Transition MK, are celebrating two successful events which aimed to raise local people’s awareness of climate change and encourage residents of Milton Keynes to take action to show their support for more sustainable living.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]