Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Costa Rica, officially the Republic of Costa Rica (Spanish: Costa Rica or República de Costa Rica, is a country in Central America, bordered by Nicaragua to the north, Panama to the east and south, the Pacific Ocean to the west and south and the Caribbean Sea to the east.
Costa Rica, which translates literally as "Rich Coast", constitutionally abolished its army permanently in 1949. Costa Rica has consistently been among the top Latin American countries in terms of the Human Development Index, and ranked 54th in the world in 2007. The country is ranked 3rd in the world, and 1st among the Americas, in terms of the 2010 Environmental Performance Index. Due to the high quality of its human capital, Costa Rica is the world's fourth largest exporter of high technology.
In 2007 the Costa Rican government announced plans for Costa Rica to become the first carbon neutral country by 2021. According to the New Economics Foundation, Costa Rica ranks first in the Happy Planet Index and is the "greenest" country in the world.
The articles (and subcategories) below list various projects done in, programs and organizations operating in, writings about and resources for Costa Rica.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Costa Rica images (1)
Pages in category "Costa Rica"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- Rancho Mastatal
- Rancho Mastatal aquaponics
- Rancho Mastatal biochar stove
- Rancho Mastatal biodigester toilets
- Rancho Mastatal Ceiba lounge
- Rancho Mastatal composting toilets
- Rancho Mastatal earthen rocket oven
- Rancho Mastatal manure biodigester
- Rancho Mastatal rocket stove
- Rancho Mastatal showers
- Rancho Mastatal Starboard Cork house
- Rancho Mastatal the Hankey House
- Rancho Mastatal the Hooch bamboo house