Materials[edit | edit source]
- 3 Printed motor end
- 6 Printed clamp
- 3 NEMA17 Motor
- 3 Pulley with set screw(s)
- 2 42mm x 240mm linking board
- 1 42mm x 240mm linking board with slot
- 1 Hexagonal base plate
- 24 #6 x 3/4" sheet metal screw (or equivalent)
- 12 M3 x 12mm socket head cap screw
- 6 M3 x 16mm socket head cap screw
- 6 M3 nut
- 18 M3 flat washer
Tools[edit | edit source]
- 1.5mm hex key
- 2.5mm hex key
- Precision knife
- Small blade screwdriver
- 3mm drill bit and holder
- 8mm drill bit and holder
- Right-angle or stubby screwdriver
Note[edit | edit source]
- The longer linking boards are used on the motor end. One of them has a slot cut in it.
- Motors in the motor assembly have 35cm long wires. Do not mount the motor with the 70cm wires!
- If your linking boards have any kind of etched design, ensure that the orientation is correct. The flanges for attaching the plywood rounds indicate the top of the printed ends.
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Starting from the side opposite the nut, check that an M3 screw will thread in each of the nuts after they have been inserted in the clamps.
- Repeat with another linking board on the other side of the motor end. A right-angle or stubby screwdriver will be required to engage some of the screws.
- Repeat with the remaining motors.
- Braid the motor wires.