New book - 'Building a Better World in Your Backyard' - on Kickstarter (sponsored friend)
Athena Motor End Assembly
Materials and Tools
- The longer linking boards are used on the motor end. One of them has a slot cut in it.
- Motors in the motor assembly have 35cm long wires. Do not mount the motor with the 70cm wires!
- If your linking boards have any kind of etched design, ensure that the orientation is correct. The flanges for attaching the plywood rounds indicate the top of the printed ends.
- Starting from the side opposite the nut, check that an M3 screw will thread in each of the nuts after they have been inserted in the clamps.
- Repeat with another linking board on the other side of the motor end. A right-angle or stubby screwdriver will be required to engage some of the screws.
- Repeat with the remaining motors.
- Braid the motor wires.
|Tandem assembly Athena Navigation|
|Green indicate workshop tasks|
|Athena Printed Parts Glossary|
|Assembling hot end|
|Soldering and tinning|
|Drilling Pilot Holes (Optional)|
|Person 1||Person 2|
|Connecting Rods||Epoxying Magnets|
|Motor End Assembly||Idler End Assembly|
|Extruder Drive and Spool Holder||End Effector|
|Firmware and Calibration|