Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Athena pilot holes
Materials and Tools
- Pilot holes facilitate assembly but are not necessary, especially if Baltic Birch plywood is used.
- Try not to drill pilot holes all the way through the linking boards.
- Linking board mounting screws are located in difficult-to-reach locations and pilot holes can simplify assembly of the motor and idler ends.
- The holes in the vertical boards are through-holes, passing through the entire length of the board.
- To minimize swelling and shrinking due to changes in humidity, sealing the plywood is recommended.
See video instructions on Motor End Assembly for similar instruction.
Linking Board Pilot Holes
- Repeat with the remaining linking boards.
Vertical Board Through Holes
|Tandem assembly Athena Navigation|
|Green indicate workshop tasks|
|Athena Printed Parts Glossary|
|Assembling hot end|
|Soldering and tinning|
|Drilling Pilot Holes (Optional)|
|Person 1||Person 2|
|Connecting Rods||Epoxying Magnets|
|Motor End Assembly||Idler End Assembly|
|Extruder Drive and Spool Holder||End Effector|
|Firmware and Calibration|