The fixed tool mount permits mounting and swapping of heavy, fixed tools that then work the moving workpiece. The following require the fixed tool mount.
- Micro mill spindle mount permits attaching a micro mill spindle for small milling projects like PCB prototyping, milling small wood and plastic parts.
- Syringe pump mount permits attachment of a 3-D printed syringe pump for printing and plotting viscous fluids.
Files[edit | edit source]
Download the OpenSCAD library from https://github.com/phidiasllc/fixed_tools (incomplete).
Materials[edit | edit source]
- Printed tool effector
- 12 3/8" countersunk ring magnets
- Plastic epoxy
Tools[edit | edit source]
- Precision knife
- Small flat bladed screwdriver
- Paper towel
- Stirring stick
- Epoxy mixing pallet
Assembly[edit | edit source]
- Clean up the print with a small flat screw driver and precision mount. DO NOT over dress the magnet pockets - magnets should fit snugly, if they are loose, reprint the part.