Mikko (Okkim Babii), Markus (Markus Darkward NOW Walder Qarnac), Annette 13.04.2010
- Mediated image of remote location
- Can new media be used as efficient tool to support forest activism?
- Digital divide between rich & urban & poor & rural (global perspective)
- Representations of forest related lifestyles in (new) media
- How do people use web based media in rural areas to communicate the forest issues?
notes from Andrew Paterson[edit | edit source]
External links[edit | edit source]
- Lockhorst Forest semi-3D animation (After Effects) A short step-by-step tutorial on how to create a semi-3D animation in Adobe After Effects.
Facebook and open API[edit | edit source]
with a little tweak we have a social net game for second life
can easily become creating a forest / nature preserve. Bring in the threat from loggers and friends network to protect your forest and you have a game and also a way to take about protecting the forest:
are a couple using the facebook open API to play forest resuce games.
There is even funding from a finnish company to develop new apps like such games:
So why not use the open API to save the finnish forest. There is a big user base potential in the boreal region.